Date PostedOctober 20, 2023
Offered Salary$160000 - $170000 / year
Expiration dateNovember 13, 2023
At AssemblyAI, we’re creating a leading Applied AI company by building powerful models to transcribe and understand audio data, exposed through a straightforward web API.
Progress in AI is moving at an unprecedented pace–we keep our pulse on the latest developments and breakthroughs in AI research and use these advances to inform our production-ready AI models. Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our API to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and Zoom meetings every day.
We’ve raised funding by leading investors including Accel, Insight Partners, Y Combinator’s AI Fund, Patrick and John Collision, Nat Friedman, and Daniel Gross. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in applied AI.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic AI company!
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to be the liaison between our Product and Technology teams. This person will drive projects and program execution, ensure alignment with the overall roadmap, and champion operational efficiency. The Technical Program Manager will be a trusted advisor to Product and Engineering teams and will drive collaboration and communication across the organization.
This is a cross-functional role that requires …
What You’ll Do:
- Project and program execution
- Drive projects and programs through the product development lifecycle
- Coach the project team to define major milestones and estimate target completion dates
- Communicate project and program progress, risks, and dependencies
- Roadmap alignment
- Understand the business impact and priorities of various projects to facilitate tradeoff discussions
- Facilitate quarterly planning process across Product and Technology teams
- Operational efficiency
- Champion process development and improvement
- Encourage collaboration, communication, continuous learning, and adaptation
What You’ll Need:
- 5+ years of Project/Program Management with 3+ years of experience as a Technical Program Manager
- Experience working closely with the business & internal engineering teams
- Experience working with software engineers and/or data scientists
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize competing demands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence without direct authority
- Experience with Jira is a plus
- Experience in a remote environment a plus
AssemblyAI strives to recruit and retain exceptional talent from diverse backgrounds while ensuring pay equity for our team. Our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size, stage and industry, and are one part of many compensation, benefits and other reward opportunities we provide.
There are many factors that go into salary determinations, including relevant experience, skill level and qualifications assessed during the interview process, and maintaining internal equity with peers on the team. The range shared below is a general expectation for the function as posted, but we are also open to considering candidates who may be more or less experienced than outlined in the job description. In this case, we will communicate any updates in the expected salary range.
Lastly, the provided range is the expected salary for candidates in the U.S. Outside of those regions, there may be a change in the range, which again, will be communicated to candidates.
Salary range: $160,000-170,000
Working at AssemblyAI
We are a small but mighty group of problem solvers, innovators, and experienced AI researchers with over 20 years of expertise in Machine Learning, Speech Recognition, and NLP. As a fully remote team, we’re looking for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated. We put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team and want to find people who will add to our culture, not just fit in.
We’re committed to creating a space where our employees can bring their full selves to work and have equal opportunity to succeed. So regardless of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, origin, ability, age, veteran status, if joining this mission speaks to you, we encourage you to apply!
Keep Exploring AssemblyAI: