Date PostedAugust 15, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 12, 2023
Imagine a virtual universe, built entirely by its users, where social connection and gaming collide to create infinite possibilities. That’s our vision at Pocket Worlds.
Over the past 10 years, we’ve been building a platform called Highrise, where user-creators have the power to design and develop in a shared virtual world to realize their own visions. Together, these creators and their creations make up our virtual universe serving 40 million users. Every day, these users come together to play and connect with each other in new ways and contexts, all made possible by the platform tools that we build and the unlimited creativity of our creators.
We believe that the future of virtual worlds is bright, and we’re excited to be at the forefront of this industry. As we continue to grow and expand our platform, we’re looking for talented individuals to join us on this journey of innovation and creativity. If you’re passionate about building virtual worlds that bring people together and push the boundaries of what’s possible, we want you on our team!
About the Role
Working at Pocket Worlds is akin to playing with a passionate, motivated, all-star team. Finding the right people to join our team is demanding, so we are in search of a driven individual, naturally curious, motivated by challenges, and keen on participating in other People’s Operations initiatives.
As a Talent Partner at Pocket Worlds, you will be at the forefront of our recruitment initiatives. You will take the lead on end-to-end hiring projects for various teams. This involves crafting sourcing strategies and identifying the most effective channels to discover both inbound and outbound talent. You will also be responsible for screening and managing interview processes by working closely with hiring managers.
Your proactive nature will shine as you lead sourcing initiatives, introduce fresh recruitment ideas, and provide hands-on support for other People Ops projects. Your active involvement will be crucial in shaping how we attract new talent and in enhancing our reputation as an employer of choice.
Here are the skills and qualities we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in recruitment, ideally in an in-house startup setting.
- Talent generalist who enjoys hiring for a variety of different roles across business and technical teams.
- Expert in building strong pipelines with outbound candidates, particularly for engineering roles.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Strong analytical skills – you break down the recruitment projects in numbers.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to juggle many tasks at once.
- Being proactive, curious, and open to feedback from your co-workers.
- Interest in games and previous experience with Ashby ATS will be nice to have.