Date PostedSeptember 26, 2023
Offered Salary$195000 - $225000 / year
Expiration dateOctober 13, 2023
Array is a financial innovation platform that helps digital brands, financial institutions, and fintechs get compelling consumer products to market faster. We deliver a suite of credit and identity monitoring tools, privacy protection, and a financial ads marketplace via embeddable widgets or a clean, modern API. Our private label offerings help drive revenue and increase engagement for our customers while empowering millions of consumers to achieve their financial goals.
As a remote-first company, we’re focused on providing opportunities for high performing individuals to have deep impact in the fast growing fintech space. A clear mission, a commitment to continuous improvement and a willingness to experiment empower us individually and together deliver the best products for our clients and users.
The Staff Software Engineer at Array will bring foundational knowledge in software engineering and lead our engineering teams to solve the biggest problems and challenges that we’re facing. You will work with business and technology leaders to understand the holistic business strategy and then design and execute against technical strategies for delivery. This position will report to a Senior Engineering Manager and work as a technology lead on an engineering squad.
- Provide ongoing technical problem solving leadership both in depth and as priorities emerge in order to successfully support business needs.
- Conceptualize and deliver software systems independently with minimal design goals and guidance from the principal engineers and Senior Engineering Managers.
- Closely partner with the product general manager and product teams in the design and review of roadmaps for all domains including proof-of-concepts, and determine operational gaps and develop methods for improvement.
- Be an emerging expert in RESTful APIs, microservices, cloud technologies, and databases.
- Spend >50% of your time coding.
- 8+ years of professional software development experience in an early stage startup.
- 8+ years of experience in working with product and technical managers to coordinate the development and delivery of proof-of-concepts.
- 5+ years experience in researching, composing, delivering and defending technical presentations to audiences of varying size.
- Experience building and scaling a revenue generating product.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments & a broad understanding of security hardening policies to prevent against cyber exploitation.
- Experience with containerization tools like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with backend technologies is most important, and our specific technology stack is preferred but not required:
- RESTful API written in Golang and Node.js, Svelte for front end theming, microservices running on K8s engine @GCP. Horizontally scaling MS SQL Server, Terraform as IaC.
$195,000 – 225,000
The pay range above represents the current low and high end of the compensation band for this position and may change in the future. Actual compensation may vary depending on factors such as candidate skills, qualifications and experience. Other compensation may include equity options and incentives.
Array Offers All Full Time Employees the following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision, premiums covered at 100% for full-time employees and 70% for dependents
- Unlimited PTO and sick leave + 14 company holidays to encourage a healthy work-life blend
- Partnership with Spring Health to support mental health
- 100% 401k match up to 4% with immediate vesting
- Generous and competitive parental leave for all parents
- $2,000 medical travel coverage
- $1,000 desk setup subsidy to set-up your unique remote office
- $100/month to subsidize wifi/cell phone expenses
- Summer Fridays (half-day Fridays) from May to September
- Arrayaversary Kits for work anniversaries
- Mentorship Circle Programs for career growth and development
Not sure if you meet the Qualifications? We know that folks tend to only apply if they check every box. If you think you have the appropriate qualifications, but don’t meet every single one, we encourage you to still apply. We’d love to hear from you.
One of our core values at Array is to care and support one another, and that’s why we strive to create an environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their best selves to work. Diversity, equity, and inclusion foster collaboration, comfort, and confidence. We’re at our collective best when we each feel our best.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace; we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.