Date PostedJuly 4, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Gradle Enterprise is a first-of-its-kind product that software teams use to accelerate and optimize Gradle, Apache Maven™, Bazel, and sbt builds. It comprises several facets, including large-volume data ingestion and processing, complex data analysis and visualization, and distributed caching and execution systems.
Our software is used by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, Airbnb, Spotify, SAP, several top ten banks, and many other major customers across all verticals. We regularly collaborate with these and other users to make our products continuously better.
We have partnered with the Apache Software Foundation, the Micronaut Foundation, and other OSS projects like Spring, Quarkus, Kotlin Compiler, JUnit, AndroidX, etc., to bring the values of Gradle Enterprise also to the OSS Community.
We are looking for an experienced technical writer for Gradle Enterprise. The person in this role will improve our customers’ user experience by creating, extending, and restructuring our publicly available technical documentation, ultimately making our customers more knowledgeable and self-serving. The person in this role will work closely with the Gradle Enterprise Engineering and Developer Advocacy teams.
- Owning all user-facing Gradle Enterprise documentation, which includes creating new and maintaining existing documentation around installation and operations of Gradle Enterprise as well as documenting the functionality of Gradle Enterprise
- Receiving product changes from Engineering and embedding them into the Gradle Enterprise documentation
- Coordinating, driving progress, ensuring consistency of all documentation, and being the first point of contact for anything related to documentation
- Experience writing technical documentation around enterprise SaaS products
- Experience deploying and using enterprise products
- Knowledge of AsciiDoc and/or Markdown
- Knowledge of Linux systems and common commands
- Knowledge of cloud platforms
- Knowledge of build and CI tools
- Ability to plan and carry out large-scale documentation changes
- Ability to initiate, implement, and maintain multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent writing skills in English
- Software engineering experience
- Knowledge of Kubernetes
- Familiarity with docs-as-code processes
- Passion for writing and breaking down complex technical concepts into digestible content for a wide audience
What We Offer
- Work on a widely used product with a clear vision for the future
- Contribute to leading solutions in the new industry of Developer Productivity Engineering
- Close collaboration with experienced and dedicated engineers
- Opportunities for growth in leadership responsibilities
- In-person meetings, such as our annual company offsite and team meetings
- Work from home in a remote-first environment
- Competitive salaries and equity grants
Benefits & Perks
- A focus on learning and development – Gradle offers an annual learning and development stipend and a monthly company-wide Learning Day, where we encourage all team members to focus on their professional development for the day
- A hardware package that includes a laptop, monitor, other peripheral hardware, and a home office stipend to make sure you are fully set up to work remotely
- Generous paid time off
- Paid public holidays
- Volunteer Day – We offer up to 8 hours of paid work time each year for team members to give back to their local communities
- Anywhere in the world with working conditions that allow for seamless collaboration with your colleagues through email, chat, and video streaming
- While our team works remotely and is spread across the globe, we deeply value daily interactions and collaboration.
How to apply
Please answer the required fields below and attach your Resume/CV.
After applying, one of our recruiters will be in touch with you.
We are committed and skilled software engineers, product designers, and marketing experts who are passionate about developer productivity. We take pride in delivering products that are relied upon daily by some of the world’s leading software organizations, such as Netflix, LinkedIn, Airbnb, Spotify, and SAP.
Our team is globally distributed but deeply connected. We value our interpersonal relationships as much as we value our achievements. We are a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other and together. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
For information about our collection, use, and disclosure of applicants’ personal information as well as applicants’ rights over their personal information, please see our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.