Date PostedAugust 15, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 10, 2023
At The/Studio, our vision is to empower individuals, regardless of their expertise, to unleash their creativity and bring their unique ideas to life through the production of custom products. We are committed to delivering top-quality customized products that not only exceed expectations but also provide a seamless and awe-inspiring experience via our exceptional team and AI-integrated systems. By shouldering the manufacturing burdens, we liberate our customers to focus on their true passions, driving them towards remarkable success and fulfillment. Together, we turn dreams into tangible realities and shape a world where creativity knows no bounds.
Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, California, but we are a truly global company with team-members across the U.S., Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia/Pacific. We have gone to a fully remote working platform so that we can attract the world’s best talent.
All roles at The/Studio are 100% remote from anywhere in the world, as long as you have all your tools, and a fast, stable internet connection!
We’re looking for a Head of Sales who will be responsible for the entire revenue operations of the organization. From day one, this individual will have an immediate impact on our sales team productivity, managing our sales pipelines, and overall revenue, whilst being a key team member in streamlining strategic initiatives, and working cross-functionally between departments.
Our ideal candidate has a track record of driving clarity, transparency, and speed of execution across large and complex projects and is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. We’re looking for someone who will be spearheading our ambitious plans for growth, and someone who is passionate about The/Studio’s mission, possesses a relentless curiosity and excels at converting ideas into action. Lastly, this individual must be extremely charismatic with a natural ability to inspire, motivate, and drive team performance.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and manage the entirety of the day to day revenue operations
- Drive, motivate and inspire the sales team to strive for excellence
- Drive key business goals/KPIs and be relentlessly focused on delivering results
- Play a pivotal role in our annual strategic planning process by making recommendations in areas such as go-to-market strategy, how to restructure/grow teams, and improve rep productivity
- Monitor metrics, proactively surface insights to the executive team, and come up with a system on how to ensure the team is successful driving those KPIs
- Get your hands dirty in the data but also step up to own sales strategy and planning alongside other team members
- Establish working relationships with executives and other cross-functional teams
- Define new operational strategies, and participate in projects to make data-driven decisions on topics including forecasting, growth/churn strategy, territory optimization, process improvement, and sales incentive design
- Utilize data to implement workforce planning, sales initiatives, and drive strategy for all sales operations related functions
Sales and Channel Effectiveness:
- Manage the portfolio of channels to deliver the desired sales and profitability objectives.
- Formulate sales campaigns in partnership with Marketing (channel strategy, trade discounts & incentives, etc).
- Understand how to balance sales strategy, operational scalability, and business unit economics – especially in the SMB space
- Develop and nurture a highly motivated & trained sales team.
- Formulate Sales Incentive Scheme to incentivize delivery of secondary sales revenue targets.
- Develop a customer relationship management program.
People & Team Management:
- Nurture an environment where people work together, feel free to express themselves and learn from each other through diligent deployment.
- Identify critical roles within the lines of business LOB’s and ensure that they are staffed by employees who have met the criteria of ‘talent’.
- Develop individual development plans for direct reports and review progress periodically.
- Build a team that values and rewards accountability that is, in turn, enabled by empowerment.
- You are customer centric and are laser-focused on driving results.
- You are extremely charismatic and have a track record for building high performing teams
- You have an entrepreneurial attitude and are always thinking about how to solve a problem, innovate, and be more efficient.
- You are dynamic and understand what it means to move fast, pivot with change, and have a growth mindset.
- You collaborate well cross-functionally while bringing people together towards a common goal.
- You are self-motivated with critical attention to detail.
- You thrive under pressure in fast paced environments.
- You have an incredible sense of integrity and always put your best work forward as a reflection of you.
What We’re Looking For:
- Has at least 8+ years of relevant experience in Sales and Business Development, preferably in a start-up/SMB or eCommerce environment
- At least 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in building & managing process-heavy operations
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with distributed remote teams
- Experience building, leading, and growing high performing teams, preferably in a high growth startup type environment.
💡 The/Studio’s Company Values
👏 Intellectually curious – possesses a natural disposition and comfort to ask questions, challenge the status quo, and a desire to ‘get to the bottom of things’ if they see something not quite right
👏 Self-motivated with a meaningful reason to deliver excellence
👏 Good communication skills that enhance collaboration, minimize misunderstandings, and at a frequency that is appropriate for a remote team
👏 Radical candor – Coachable, accepting of constructive negative feedback and willing to provide constructive negative feedback where applicable
👏 Operates with a level of urgency – values immediate action where prudent, enables quick decision-making, swift problem-solving, and seizing opportunities in a dynamic business environment
👏 Natural customer centricity – has an affinity to always start their train of thought or analysis with the customer’s perspective, bias towards talking to the customer to understand them
👏 Results-driven – focuses on achieving and exceeding measurable objectives
🔎 Our Typical Hiring Process
✔️ Submit an application. IMPORTANT: Please submit your resume/CV in English
✔️ Initial Chat with Global Recruiter
✔️ Hiring Manager Interview
✔️ Assessment/Case Study – if applicable
✔️ Final Interview
Note that every role is different, so the process may vary depending on the requirements of the role. Regardless of the result, we always inform candidates via email.
At The/Studio, we know that our Company’s strength lies in the diversity of our team. The/Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal opportunities for all applicants and individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.