Date PostedNovember 21, 2023
Expiration dateDecember 11, 2023
In the role of Growth Manager at Awesome Motive, you will be responsible for leading the development, execution, and refinement of strategies aimed at converting visitors into both free and paid subscribers. These strategies will be executed across various channels, including SEO and Content Marketing, Copywriting, Paid and Organic Marketing, Partner Marketing, and Product Marketing, among other methods. Proficiency in Data & Analytics is a core competency required for success in this position.
💡 Interested in applying?
🔍 Please read/follow the next steps outlined in “How to Apply” at the bottom of this listing.
Attention to detail is one of our ! This is your chance to stand out 🙂
To love this role, here’s the type of person you are:
- You’re able to leverage imperfect data to create and execute winning digital marketing campaigns and funnels.
- You’re extremely self driven and curious to find creative answers to complex questions.
- You’re comfortable seeing the big picture and how the small details get you there.
- You love to create systems, tools, and processes for others where they don’t already exist.
- You have a passion for digital marketing and customer acquisition.
Common responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Leverage Content Marketing, Email and SMS Marketing, Pay Per Click, Sponsorships, Affiliate and Partnerships, Social Media, and Freemium Software to grow new sales.
- Plan out long and short-term processes to achieve targets and maintain focus on priorities as a part of process development and documentation.
- Directly managing a team of growth professionals, including independently making decisions to ensure team performance & cohesion.
- Design and implement website A/B tests to improve conversion rates and funnel performance.
- Conceptualize and build new targeted landing pages for various channels and users.
- Provide conversion-focused copywriting feedback and suggestions for newsletters, customer-facing websites, our apps and plugins, and ad copy.
- Strategize and execute high-visibility promotions across all digital marketing channels.
- Research competitor’s UI/UX trends and work with the team to articulate new features/ideas to help us remain competitive.
- Control qualified traffic to our website by designing and executing strategies to improve our search engine rankings.
- Develop and execute an outbound marketing strategy to complement our existing inbound strengths.
- Be intimately familiar with the procedures and workflows related to growth tasks.
- Provide prompt responses to growth team members’ queries and escalations.
- Uphold and promote the core values of Awesome Motive.
- Conduct research before escalating issues and proactively identify trends and process improvements.
- Provide oversight for PPC campaigns, PPC keyword research, and program ROAS.
- Provide oversight for Affiliate Marketing and Partnerships.
- Directly oversee the work of our content marketing team members.
- Help our team craft better internal processes and systems by documenting the work of the Growth team.
- SEO & Content Marketing: You are well-versed in best practices for SEO in marketing site content, including blog posts. You are fluent in other commonly used tools such as Semrush, Clearscope, and Ahrefs.
- Copywriting: You have strong personal experience with copywriting, as well as leading and reviewing the work of copywriters. Your expertise in hiring and managing copywriters will be invaluable.
- Email Marketing: You can demonstrate and teach best practices within email marketing, from crafting individual emails to creating complete targeted campaigns and evaluating effectiveness to drive improvement over time. You must have personally written and iterated upon multiple email campaigns for SaaS products.
- CRO / Funnels / Testing & Optimization: You must have expertise in best practices for SaaS products. Knowledge and experience in pricing page tests, countdown timers, popups, etc, is required.
- PPC / Paid Advertising: You have experience in Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Google Search Console for PPC
- Affiliates & Partnerships: You know how to build and maintain partnership relationships. You have managed an affiliate program.
- Social Media: You effectively manage social media, promote monthly customer giveaways, and various miscellaneous tasks.
- Data & Analytics: You are experienced in using GA (preferably GA4), and digital marketing channels.
Bonus points if you also have:
- You have experience working in the admin area of self-hosted WordPress sites as a site owner/developer/etc.
- You have experience with support specifically for WordPress.
- You have trained managers and had managers as direct reports
Working for a fast-growing bootstrapped company is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer.
- Competitive Salary.
- Term Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment for all full-time team members during their employment.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance benefits for full-time U.S. employees.
- Health Insurance benefits for all employees in India, Pakistan, Brazil, and Ukraine.
- Work from your home. We’re spread out all over the world – the United States, Canada, Ukraine, India, Pakistan, Singapore, and more.
- Unlimited PTO after 90 days of employment. We encourage employees to take the time they need for a vacation, stay healthy, and spend time with friends and family.
- Holidays (based on your location)
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- We happily provide or reimburse software you’ll need as well as books or courses that promote continued learning.
- We cover all costs of company travel (including our annual all-company retreat and mini-team meetups).
- Additional Perks include AM Welcome Box for new team members, Yearly Anniversary Gifts, and Technology Stipend each work anniversary.
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best people in the business through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., and no jerks.
This is a remote position – our team is spread around the globe! Our home base is in Florida, USA, so company operating hours are 9am – 5pm ET (UTC -5). While full coverage is not a requirement, you must be available during a portion of the day.
At Awesome Motive, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. Awesome Motive is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
How to apply?
If all of this sounds interesting, then please submit your application!
Please clearly include the following in your cover letter:
- Do you currently oversee a team? If so, kindly elaborate on the number of team members and their respective titles. If not, have you previously held managerial roles during your career? Please provide some context.
- Please describe your largest “win” in Conversion Rate Optimization. What were the metrics before/after? How did you get inspired to create the experiment?
- What customer acquisition channels do you have the most expertise with?
- Imagine your search engine rankings have been up and to the right for years, but start taking a downward turn even while revenue stays steady. How would you begin to diagnose the drop?
- Imagine your Pay Per Click team told you that their branded campaigns have a much higher average order value than your non-branded campaigns. How would you explain why that might be happening?
Also note, don’t forget to proofread before submitting. Check spelling, capitalization, etc. This is your chance to make your application stand out 🙂
We won’t be able to respond to all applications individually, but if we feel you’re a strong match, someone will be in touch shortly.
Thanks, and we look forward to hearing from you!