Date PostedSeptember 26, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 13, 2023
Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
Why join our Data team?
- Deel is a fast-growing company with a developing Data Science team, which gives the opportunity to contribute to our practices, direction, and tooling selection
- The nature of the role will be mostly project focused, so a lot of opportunity to dive deep into a single problem and solve it properly
- This role in particular aims to develop data insights from a large salary grouping. There’s scope to define how the data pipelines will work, and what statistical techniques and ML approaches to use
- Over 90% of the team’s work makes it to production which is rare for Data science/AI teams, we aim to deliver value each quarter
- Solve real world problems using Data Science and statistical techniques
- Implement functionality which can be served in production for internal customers as well as external customers
- Designing, building and maintaining data sets
- Data cleaning & modelling
- Feature engineering
- Feature extraction
- Building end-to-end data & machine learning pipelines
- Conduct reproducible research
- Collaborate with Engineering, Operations, Product Management and other functions in the company to deliver algorithmic solutions
- Apply software engineering practices in our code that implements our research and its infrastructure
- Produce high quality, clean, maintainable reproducible research and code
- High proficiency in Python and its data science stack.
- Background and experience in data/backend engineering, ideally in production environments (3+ years) (Mid/Senior Level role)
- Background and hands-on experience (2+ years) in implementing research and algorithms in Python, specifically in information retrieval, text processing, NLP, and machine learning
- Track record of good written and verbal communication of complex things in a simple way as well as ability to collaborate well with people from different backgrounds and professions
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Must have hands on experience working with SQL
- Must have hands on experience working with Python (Preferably with Pandas)
- Must be strong at applying statistical methods to data
- Must be strong with data pipelining
- Must be an independent thinker and have the ability to work independently to solve problems
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.