Date PostedJune 29, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 24, 2023
AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We’re growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We’ve raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a driven Analytics Engineer to join our growing team! With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Using advanced SQL, you will transform data from raw data sources into usable tables to power critical self-serve data artifacts and impactful analytics use cases (e.g. metrics, dashboards) to empower data consumers
- Act as a leader in defining data infrastructure and logging needs in partnership with Data Engineering, Product Engineering, and Data Infrastructure teams
- Apply software engineering best practices to the analytics workflow (ex: version control, testing)
- Improve data availability, quality, and provide reliable access to data for the business
- Implement exploration tools and dashboards to help cross-functional stakeholders glean insights for their functional area
- Deliver insights through ad hoc analyses and data extractions to resolve important business needs
- Identify process improvements, contribute to our documentation, and share best practices with the team and our end-users.
- 5+ years of professional experience as an analytics engineer, data analyst, product analyst, data engineer or data scientist
- Expert in SQL
- Hands-on experience with data infrastructure, data modeling and reporting in data visualization tools (Looker, Big Query preferred)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Strong business acumen and product intuition
- Experience using any of the following software/tools strongly preferred but not required: Github, Segment, BigQuery, dbt, Apache Airflow, Fivetran, Looker
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat