Date PostedAugust 27, 2023
Offered Salary$15 / hour
Expiration dateSeptember 16, 2023
Kindred is a members-only home swapping network that unlocks the ability to live a travel-rich lifestyle through the power of community. By exchanging primary residences with trusted peers, renters and owners alike can match with Kindred spirits and explore new destinations without breaking the bank.
We are on a mission to build a sharing economy that lives up to the name, and we’ve raised $26.5M+ from some of the best investors in Silicon Valley to do so, including Andreessen Horowitz, New Enterprise Associates, Bessemer Venture Partners, Caffeinated Capital, Elad Gil, and the founders of Opendoor, Figma, ClassPass, Clubhouse, Divvy, Gem, and Homebound.
The co-founders are proven leaders from the early team at proptech company Opendoor ($15B+ exit), and have each separately built and scaled products that today do $1B+ annual revenue combined.
We’re looking for the world’s top builders, executors, and believers to join us on this ride.
Position: Social Media Intern
Comp: $15/hr (15-20 hours/week)
We are seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Social Media Intern to join our team at Kindred. As a Social Media Intern, you will play a crucial role in engaging with our online community and managing our social media presence across various platforms. You will work closely with our Content Marketing Manager to enhance our brand visibility and foster meaningful connections with our members. This internship offers a great opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the dynamic field of social media and community management.
- Reply and engage to comments and direct messages promptly, providing helpful and informative replies.
- Cultivate relationships with our community across social media and Slack channels
- Engage with our community by liking, commenting, and replying to member’s content.
- Assist in scheduling monthly content and ensuring timely posting.
- Monitor for feedback from members or mentions of our brand and promptly address any concerns or questions.
- Stay up to date with relevant trends and viral content on TikTok and Instagram.
- Research and identify influencers who align with our brand values and target audience.
- Manage day-to-day posting of scheduled content on TikTok and IG.
- Engage with our community by replying to comments and DMs in a timely manner.
- Post and schedule blog content on our website, adhering to the content calendar.
- Proficient in current social media trends and platforms.
- Passionate about social media and community management.
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and consistency in brand messaging.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to adapt voice and tone for different platforms.
- Strong interpersonal skills to engage with our online community effectively.
- Eye for design and familiarity with Photoshop or Figma for creating visually appealing content.
- Video editing skills (light editing) would be a valuable bonus, although not required.
This is a paid internship position with the potential to grow. We value creativity, initiative, and the willingness to learn. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow their skills and make a meaningful impact on our brand’s online presence.
If you are passionate about social media, community building, and creating engaging content, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume and any relevant social media portfolio or samples of your work for consideration.
At Kindred, we embrace diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. We’re committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Kindred doesn’t discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristic, including race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, family care or medical leave status, marital status, domestic partner status, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by US federal, state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work.