Date PostedJune 14, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 10, 2023
We’re looking for a top-of-the-range WordPress specialist to join our Content Operations team, creating awesome websites for our business customers from all types of industries. The hours for this position will vary depending on business requirements.
- Creating customer websites, microsites, landing pages and marketing collateral, with the principles of user experience, accessibility, and mobile-friendly design in mind.
- Use WordPress for website creation, from understanding the customer’s business and vision for their website; to designing the layout, selecting & manipulating imagery; to writing & embellishing descriptions for the business’s services and products.
- Troubleshoot and resolve WordPress application issues, providing diagnostic, and analytical support.
- Effective communication and coordination to facilitate a swift turnaround for the customer.
- Agile, able to learn fast and apply learnings to the ever-evolving website building methodology.
- Collating and filtering feedback from customers and making suggestions as to how we can improve our websites and increase efficiency.
Skills and Competencies
- Demonstrable experience putting up WordPress sites, including content management, website setup, plugin installation, theme customization, site activation and QA.
- Sharing your portfolio of built WordPress websites is mandatory.
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Excellent understanding of SEO principles.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with changing priorities.
- Ability to understand many different businesses and appreciation for what the various different categories and industries of this sector require.
- Ability to know what looks great on desktop and mobile screens, and understand how visitors to websites interact with on-screen content.
- Ability to quickly discern grammatical errors, image mismatches, and other bad categorical content related issues.
- Ability to learn quickly – we have many in-house bespoke tools to navigate through.
- 5+ years of experience with WordPress
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Experience working remotely is an advantage
- Strong communication skills