Date PostedOctober 1, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 21, 2023
Are you experienced with all aspects of video editing?
Are you tired of working with startups in danger of going out of business, or bureaucratic, huge businesses?
Do you want to reach and make positive impact on millions of people?
Hiring deadline: Ongoing
This job might be for you if you:
- love experimentation and exercising your creativity
- like being able to set your own hours and work from home
- don’t like drumming up new business or chasing down clients
- are tired of working on one-off projects that don’t build up to anything meaningful
- like working in a collaborative environment.
- like having a dependable, reliable stream of work
- want to make the world a better place
- are comfortable with a fast-changing environment.
You should NOT take this job if you:
- are just looking for another client to add to your list of clients
- like following instructions and being told what to do
- don’t like needing to come up with ideas
- are not comfortable in a fast-changing environment
- don’t have a real interest or experience in online education.
Founded in 2011, FluentU is an online education company that has been distributed/remote since day one. We help people learn languages with real-world videos, including movie trailers, music videos, news and inspiring talks. We have a popular website, iOS app, and Android app. We’re a profitable, stable, and growing company with long-term focus, and we’re proudly self-funded.
We get millions of visitors per month on our website and have hundreds of thousands of people on our email list.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the ground floor of our video strategy, which is still in the early stages.
It’s a unique opportunity to be part of a company which might be the perfect balance for you: still small/young enough to be nimble, but with the resources to take advantage of, and thrive in, this coronavirus-induced economic environment.
We also believe that the creative constraints posed by coronavirus is an opportunity to innovate with new types of videos.
WHAT THIS JOB IS ABOUT
We are looking for a part-time (or full-time) video editor to help with editing videos related to language learning. This can be a broad range and can include content like:
– Video ads for social media.
HOW WE WORK
We’re a 100% distributed/remote team. Here’s a little bit more about how we work:
- Almost all of our communication is text-based (mostly via Asana) and we value clear communication (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/communication-guidelines), among other things (https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/mission-and-operating-principles).
- Most things are not urgent. We take pride in having a calm work environment.
- We also have a flat collaborative environment.
- We make decisions based on logic/reason.
- We believe in getting things done, candor, and continuous improvement.
Our ideal candidate:
- is experienced with video editing.
- is practical in being able to balance speed with quality when video editing.
- has a good sense of how to put things together into a coherent story and flow.
- receives candid feedback with humbleness and a beginner’s/growth mindset
- is comfortable with change and loves experimentation
- is looking for a meaningful mission and wants to create something great.
- is able to work a minimum of 15 hours per week (pay is hourly: https://app.tettra.co/teams/fluentu/pages/why-we-have-hourly-pay-and-how-it-works-in-practice) and is looking for something long-term.
To apply, please fill out this form: