Date PostedOctober 8, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 31, 2023
We believe that games should be played for decades but many are abandoned even when a loyal community is screaming to keep them alive. DECA specializes in acquiring games from other developers and reinvigorating them to continue to entertain for decades. When other studios see an old game, we see a fantastic set of problems to solve and a huge opportunity.
DECA is a remote company with over 290 people in over 31 countries globally. DECA has been profitable since our inception in 2016. DECA is also a part of the Embracer Group, the largest public gaming company in Europe.
About our culture
We’ve managed to maintain a small company feel with the stability and resources of a much larger one. We fully believe in the flexibility of a remote workplace. Team members are trusted to manage their time and get things done independently. We think that egos and politics need to be checked at the virtual door. That means no jerks are allowed, that no job is too small for anyone, and an openness to help and learn from each other is required. We love the challenge of working within constraints and love when we succeed as a team. Check out more about us and our values on our website (www.decagames.com).
This is a remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world in the CET timezone (9 a.m. – 6 p.m. CET).
About the role
We are looking for a seasoned Technical Artist to join our art team and contribute to our most amazing well-known shooters.
- Work with the teams to build and maintain their art production pipelines and tools.
- Complex understanding of art pipelines, from creation to implementation.
- Experience with Unity and working with custom game engines.
- Great knowledge of implementing art assets.
- Experience with 3D software like Autodesk Maya and Mel / Python Scripting.
- Knowledge of C++.
- Understanding of rudimentary OpenGL.
- Experience in 3D art assets optimization for mobile games.
- Creatively minded with knowledge of visual effect creation from conception to production.
- Capable of creating basic renders of soft and hard surface models.
- Basic understanding of rigging.
- Keen problem solver with the ability to be thrown into situations where they can figure out issues with minimal guidance.
- 5+ years of experience being a Technical Artist within the mobile gaming industry.
- Working knowledge of a wide range of art areas including 2D, 3D, modeling, animation, and UI.
- Knowledge of 3D art creation Modeling / Texturing and engine implementation.
- Knowledge of 3D Character creation Pipeline, Highpoly, Retopo, baking, etc.
- Knowledge of Rigging and Skinning.
- VFX creation and implementation knowledge.
- Working before with procedural software like the Substance Package.
- Remote first company culture.
- Flexible work hours to support personal work-life balance.
- Weekly remote Embodiment@Work breathing and workout exercises.
- Online language classes: English, German, French, Spanish, etc.
- Working in a multicultural environment with people from over 29 different countries.
- Flat hierarchies with an open-door policy.