Date PostedOctober 8, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 28, 2023
Who we are and what we do
Deel is a global team that helps businesses hire anyone, anywhere, easily. Deel consists of more than two thousand self-driven individuals spanning over 100 countries. Our unified yet diverse culture keeps us continually learning and innovating the Deel platform and our products for customers.
Companies should be able to hire the best talent anywhere in the world, so we are building the best platform to make that a reality. Our market-leading technology, expertise, and global team are crucial to the success of Deel’s platform. We deliver the best products and platform features in our space, enabling millions of jobs worldwide and connecting the global workforce with the best companies and opportunities.
Why should you be part of Deel’s success story?
A 30-mile hiring radius should no longer dictate how companies hire because great talent lives everywhere. Deel sees a world without hiring borders and endless talent that pairs perfect candidates with great companies.
We offer global teams all the tools they need to hire, onboard, manage, pay, and scale at full speed. We aim to foster a diverse global economy by building a generational platform that seamlessly connects companies with talent worldwide.
After our successful Series D in 2021, we raised another $50M last year, doubling our valuation to $12B.
There’s never been a more exciting time to join Deel — the market leader in international payroll and compliance.
The impact you’ll have as a Team Lead:
As an Engineering Team Lead at Deel, you will be responsible for leading a small cross-functional team (6-10 professionals) to meet organizational goals. Roughly 20% of your role will be management/leadership responsibilities, and 80% of the responsibilities will require you to flex your technical skills in application design and web development.
We develop at scale, we innovate rapidly and we put our customers first – Despite our company size, Deel very much operates like a start-up, so the ability to wear different hats and juggle multiple competing priorities is crucial.
You can expect to:
- Provide your input at all stages of the Development Lifecycle; Design, coding, testing and production release
- Craft web applications that embody accessibility and TDD best-practices.
- Collaborate closely with design and product teams to create extraordinary product experiences.
- Deliver clean, efficient code in an agile team environment.
- Push boundaries through rapid prototyping and iterative development, always driving innovation.
- Possess a passion for technology and developing cutting-edge, scalable, and robust software systems.
- Design and architect software for distributed systems with high-performance, scalability, and availability demands.
- Mentor and provide technical leadership to your team.
- Conduct code reviews to drive the team to excellence in Node and Java web applications.
- Explore new avenues for innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
What you’ll bring to the Team Lead role:
- Experience in implementing US payroll systems
- Good knowledge of TypeScript and developing applications on top of RESTful API’s.
- Leading small teams whilst being hands-on comes with ease
- You have a true passion for developing user experiences that are nothing short of amazing.
- You’re hungry to learn, experiment and share knowledge with others, driving innovation every step of the way.
- You’ve navigated the real world of cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web like a pro.
- Automated unit, functional, and integration tests are your bread and butter – you develop and execute them in your sleep.
Our workforce deserves fair and competitive pay that meets them where they are. With scalable benefits, rewards, and perks, our total rewards programs reflect our commitment to inclusivity and access for all.
At Deel, you’ll enjoy:
- Computer equipment applicable to your role
- Stock grant opportunities
- Additional perks and benefits based upon your employment status and country
- The ability to choose where you work whether it be your home, the beach, or a WeWork
At Deel, we’re an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.