Date PostedAugust 22, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 16, 2023
Do you have an eye for spotting top talent? Are you a strong recruiter with experience across several business functionsincluding Sales, Engineering and Data roles? Do you have experience recruiting for department expansion of both senior and mid-level roles? Do you have a proven experience tapping into your inner marketer to test new strategies for sourcing hard-to-find talent? Do you consider yourself a true partner who is focused on creating a delightful experience; both for candidates and hiring managers? Does the prospect of helping to build teams for a large-scale, highly innovative and profitable enterprise excite you?
We are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world. Through our talent agency, The Room, we represent a top-tier group of mid and senior technology professionals from around the world. Through Holberton – a Silicon Valley software engineering school – we are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries. With the strength of our ecosystem, we bring together teams that can execute our client’s boldest dreams by implementing powerful technologies and supporting them to continuously innovate and stay ahead of the curve. We do hard things!
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we are reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai). We are acquiring several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
ABOUT THE TALENT ACQUISITION TEAM
Our Talent Acquisition Team is a team of generalists with a customer first mindset. We seek to empower and enable our managers to be effective recruiters for their roles. Our work is focused on building world-class systems to enable hiring managers to be effective recruiters and create a delightful experience for candidates.
We are a vibrant and hard-working team that believes in pushing the boundaries of excellence to ensure a rigorous and engaging hiring process for all involved. Maintaining strong relationships across different departments while sharing important messages about hiring and our delivery methods, is an integral part of what makes our team successful.
Our mission is simple: attract & select top talent while creating a memorable and engaging candidate experience. Our organization is scaling fast – we are located in 8 core markets in Africa and looking to building a global presence (focus on the US and Europe). The TA team is constantly innovating to find the right talent through creative marketing tactics, by iterating a comprehensive and engaging hiring process to make it more efficient for both managers and candidates while maintaining rigor and the utmost credibility for the org.
This newest addition to our team will be based in Europe to initially drive hiring for our Sales Team (US & Europe) and partner with hiring managers across our Product, Data and Engineering teams to ensure they are adequately staffed.
If you are a strong T-generalist (strong recruiting chops coupled with project management skills) who is excited about working in a high growth and autonomous team, come join us and make history!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As our Talent Acquisition Partner, you will play a critical role in the day-to-day success of the Talent Acquisition team as we grow into new markets across the U.S. and Europe. You will partner with hiring managers to tackle full-cycle recruitment, from sourcing, evaluation, and interviews coordination. You will be a thought partner to your fellow recruiters and manager and be counted on to maintain the spirit and integrity of our hiring process.
More specifically you will get to:
- Work independently providing full cycle recruitment support on job requisitions (both technical and non-technical)
- Partner with hiring managers to create job descriptions and define candidate profiles in order to develop recruitment strategies to attract qualified candidates
- Identify and partner with recruitment firms to help us source qualified candidates for your pipeline
- Develop and execute marketing and pipelining strategies for attracting and hiring critical talent. You will leverage market data to develop appropriate recruiting and sourcing strategies, including but not limited to social media and direct marketing tactics, resulting in a strong pipeline of qualified candidates
- Serve as a thought partner for hiring managers in making decisions on their candidates. While a manager gets to decide who joins their team, QA,is a priority for you- you will ask hiring teams the tough questions to ensure they are adequately assessing candidates and maintaining objectivity during the hiring process.
- Thoroughly assess candidates and provide insightful feedback for hiring managers
- Manage the interview process, providing clear communication for candidates, managers and internal stakeholders
- Perform other duties as assigned – we like special projects that further our talent agenda, so you can expect to get involved in this as the need arises (e.g. running an Employee Referral Program)
Your KPIs will be:
- Days to hire
- Fill rate
- Candidate & Hiring Manager CSAT
- 5+ years of full cycle recruiting experience in a fast paced high growth environment required. Prior experience recruiting in-house within an organization required
- Experience as a talent advisor to hiring managers, inspiring a partnership with talent acquisition, advising on talent market, and influencing talent decisions
- Experience leveraging marketing tactics, new technologies and/or social media to create engagement with potential candidates. You have a strong track-record of building high-quality candidate pipelines and are able find talent for the most hard to hire for roles.
- Strong process and project management skills. We are optimising our systems and processes and need people who enjoy putting structure in place where it doesn’t exist.
- The ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Strong relationship builder with excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask in a high pressure environment.
- Strong passion to succeed, contagious energy and desire to have fun in the process
- Must be based in Africa.