Date PostedJuly 7, 2023
Offered Salary$70000 - $80000 / year
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 150+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
Please make sure you read the job description with care. We would love to hear your thoughts about our design principles as part of your application
Our organization is closely involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this role will enable you to focus on its development. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens. Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions – paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
In order to promote the ideas behind Logos and its vision, we have created a brand studio called acid.info and you will be part of it. Acid.info is the studio and creative engine within the Logos DAO. Our mission is to build, and ensure, technologies and creativity that supports freedom, justice, and innovation for all people of the world.
As a Studio Design Lead, you will play a critical role in leading and guiding the design team. Working closely with the Studio Lead, you will oversee all aspects of the design process, from research and development to prototyping and production. Your expertise will be instrumental in developing and maintaining a state-of-the-art design system with diverse themes. In addition to your design skills, your ability to manage and mentor the design team will be crucial. You will work closely with the Studio Lead and PMs to ensure a smooth and efficient workflow, while fostering a culture of collaboration and creativity within the team. As a senior team member, you will be expected to lead by example and make meaningful contributions to the continued evolution of our design language and foundations.
- You will be the lead designer of our design team when it comes to UI/UX
- You will be designing, documenting, maintaining and developing further our design systems (with the help of other designers in the team)
- You will carry out managerial responsibilities regarding design workflows
- You help the Studio Lead defining and foreseeing work packages and asks and make sure that the those are delivered
You ideally will have
- Extensive knowledge of designs tools suitable for everything from UX to (micro) interactions (e.g. Figma, Framer)
- Good knowledge and understanding of design systems, typography and designing layout
- Experience in building products
- Authenticity in design and being able to stay away from design trends (especially trends in web3) and yet be able to adopt those styles if needed
- Experience collaborating with stakeholders to identify and design for user goals
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- You have experience working for an open source organisation
- You have experience in designing publishing mediums such as online readers, zines, books and online publishing platforms
- You have experience in field computational design, generative art or memes
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
The expected compensation range for this role is $70,000 – $80,000 (negotiable, dependent on how we assess your skills and experience throughout our interview process.
- Interview with POps team
- Interview with Design Studio Lead
- Interview with Creative Director
- Assessment (paid)
[The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline!]