Date PostedFebruary 12, 2024
Expiration dateFebruary 29, 2024
An opportunity to make an impact and play a key role in the growth of a top-50 financial publisher. We are hiring a senior reporter to join our team to help drive traffic to Benzinga.com. At Benzinga, content is king. Benzinga combines and makes accessible both the news and the conversation. This hybrid approach allows us to deliver relevant trends and scoop stories no one else can. We live and breathe Benzinga, and our job is to spread the news like a grass fire and bring you the most engaging content possible.
As a senior reporter, you will have a direct hand in creating content seen by millions of readers and impacting the industry as a whole. If you know how to get pageviews and are enthusiastic about trying new things to engage readers, we want to talk to you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Writing daily business news and feature assignments. Topics of interest include earnings, M&A, IPOs, general interest etc.
- Covering news that is integral to the investment case for a stock
- Pitching news items and feature story ideas.
- Utilizing traffic analytics to make informed decisions about news coverage and feature content.
- Engaging with Wall Street sources to uncover and publish exclusive and unique commentary on stocks and news items.
- Driving traffic to Benzinga.com.
The experience you need:
- Minimum three years experience at a digital publication, preferably in the financial media sector.
- Knowledge of the stock market and the world of finance.
- Ability to produce long and short form content
- On Camera experience is helpful
- Expertise in cutting edge technology, media and fintech a big plus
- Passion for trading stocks and the markets.
Benzinga is a premier financial media platform which helps millions of people improve their trading and investing each month. By providing superior information, data, and tools, Benzinga gives individuals the edge needed to profit in financial markets. Our team is devoted to the ambitious mission of making financial information easier to consume.
Benzinga is growing rapidly and we are seeking mind-blowingly talented and detail-oriented professionals with knowledge of web technology, finance, and writing. The search for the driven, dedicated, and self-starting individuals who will help propel Benzinga into its next stage of growth is on.
Are you looking for a “leave your ego at the door,” teamwork-oriented environment? Do you love the idea of a role where every day offers new challenges? Then Benzinga is the place to be.