Date PostedAugust 22, 2023
Offered Salary$147500 - $238750 / year
Expiration dateSeptember 16, 2023
Scribd’s Go-To-Market (GTM) team is a cross-functional group tackling some of our most critical product challenges. Our work spans multiple web and mobile applications, bridging the gap between product development and customer acquisition. We’re collaborating with partner teams enterprise-wide to ensure our product delights audiences, generates buzz, and exceeds stakeholder expectations.
As a GTM Staff Front-end Engineer
As a Staff Front-end Engineer on the GTM team, you’ll architect and implement critical user flows. You’ll collaborate with back-end and machine learning engineers to build the systems powering those flows, as well – even diving into some application API or back-end code when needed.
As a seasoned engineering leader, you’ll mentor and grow your fellow engineers through collaboration, pair programming, rubber-ducking sessions, and constructive code reviews. You’ll lead from the front, as well, shipping code that meets project goals while considering testability, upgradeability, scalability, and observability to enable incremental improvement.
• A rich history of coding in modern, consumer-facing web applications
• A focus on creating value for our customers and a user-centric approach
• A desire to continuously improve the quality of the applications you work on, leaving every file touched better than it was
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; we’re a remote company with a robust documentation (and Slack!) culture
• A collaborative spirit, as you’ll be working closely with product, design, and back-end engineers to implement features
• Strong opinions, loosely held on standards for front-end architecture and best practices
• Knowledge of APIs to comfortably participate in API design discussions with your server-side teammates
• Experience solving caching, observability, and performance problems in modern web applications
• An appetite to learn and grow professionally
• Passion for making a broad impact on the future and direction of the product
Nice to Haves
• Ruby on Rails experience
• GraphQL experience, especially in the resolver implementations
• Experience migrating a monolithic application into microservices/front-ends
• Design System/Component UI library creation and management
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $147,500 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $238,750 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $121,500 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $226,500 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing [email protected] about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.