Date PostedJune 5, 2023
Offered Salary$54000 / year
Expiration dateJune 30, 2023
🚀 Senior Software Support Engineers
⚡ USD $54,000
SMG – Service Management Group is hiring Senior Software Support Engineers!
Senior Support Engineers resolve or triage more complex client-report issues pertaining to SMG applications and tools. They possess strong technical skills in several SMG products and have access to back-end tools for more advanced troubleshooting. While still client-facing, Senior Support agents will have significant interaction with technical peers throughout the company. This role is ideal for candidates with significant customer and software application support experience looking to advance their technical skills.
This is what you will do:
- Handle escalated client requests through tickets and occasional calls, with a goal to escalate no more than 20% of tickets.
- Reproduce complex client issues that can be on the software configuration level, application, database, or code itself.
- Analyze logs and create DEBUG statements to determine application flow and failure points.
- Identify product defects, and/or gather needed data for engineering teams to resolve.
- Follow-up with clients on issues that require a dedicated troubleshooting or data collection session.
- Work with SMEs to gather knowledge for updating technical documentation in company’s knowledge base.
- Provide recommendations to engineering teams on how to deflect high-volume issues, update tools to provide better data for analysis, and/or consider technical customer feedback i.e. voice of the customer.
- Provide 24×7 on-call support for proprietary applications.
- Partner with internal technical peers to create and update troubleshooting documentation and scripts.
You are a perfect match for the role if you have:
- 3+ yrs in a technical support role focused on providing root cause, technical solutions (configuration changes, code changes, no-code integrations).
- 2+ yrs in a customer facing support role.
- Experience supporting applications or large-scale systems preferably in a SaaS environment.
- Proficiency reading and troubleshooting various coding languages, but mainly C# & SQL.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Web based applications.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting services and APIs.
- Experience learning & maintaining complex application configurations.
- Experience providing 24×7 application support.
- Dedicated internet access (30Mb/s download / 20 Mb/s upload).
You must be:
- Comfortable in a role providing quick solutions over many products.
- Fluent in English, written and spoken.
What we offer to our talent:
- This is a fully remote, permanent, full-time position. You can work from anywhere.
- Unlimited paid leave and 14 weeks of paid parental leave offered to all our associates globally.
- Ample opportunities to learn and grow.
- Diverse, experienced, and friendly team which will welcome you, support you and challenge you.
- We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and create an inclusive work environment in which all our colleagues experience belonging, have their unique needs respected and met, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and feel fully engaged to contribute to the company’s success.
About Our Company:
SMG is a leading experience management (XM) provider, accelerating revenue for restaurants, retailers, and other location-centric consumer businesses by changing how brands act on customer + employee insights. With a rich 30-year history rooted in The Service Profit Chain, SMG is the industry’s only software with a service (SwaS) provider—uniquely pairing an enterprise software platform with professional services to help brands generate new revenue, grow existing revenue, reduce detractors, and drive operational efficiencies. To learn more about our customer, employee, and brand experience management (XM) solutions, visit www.smg.com.