Date PostedOctober 21, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 6, 2023
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
The Sales Strategy team acts as a strategic advisor by partnering with sales leaders to ideate, build, and operate an investable business. You will partner and collaborate cross-functionally by leveraging a mix of market intelligence, modeling, and analytics to develop deep business insights.
Our team is globally distributed across 3 countries. We’re looking for an experienced, dedicated, and empathetic team member who is able to understand data insights and can effectively partner with Sales.
What you’ll do
- Be a trusted advisor to Sales Leadership
- Partner cross-functionally with Sales Leadership, Marketing, Channel and Product teams to formulate and develop go-to-market and Global Sales strategies, independently managing initiatives from ideation to execution
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and lead efforts to scale, align and invest in the business
- Ability to conduct sophisticated, detailed and creative analysis and clearly communicate results through written and verbal channels
- Partner with sales on annual planning activities and lead the territory carving and alignment process
- Collaborate with regional sales leaders and teams to develop and execute sales management disciplines and processes (weekly/quarterly forecast, QBRs, pipeline analysis and development, etc)
What you’ll bring
- Demonstrated progressive experience in an analytical role within a technology business. Preference for Sales Strategy, Business Intelligence/Analytics, Management Consulting, Venture Capital/Private Equity, and/or Investment Banking backgrounds
- Excellent quantitative analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, and a keen business sense
- Ability to think strategically, but also have exceptional attention to detail to drive program management and execution
- Extensive track record of building high-quality and complex spreadsheets, models and presentations
- Superb analytical skills and technical aptitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills effective across all levels of management
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, and/or similar analytical packages a plus
- SaaS and B2B experience preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fully remote organization
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.