Date PostedAugust 27, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 17, 2023
We’re an organization driven to give people time back in their day. We do this by solving challenges people experience in their lives that can be made easier with technology. We’re Assembly, we help visionary leaders build platforms customers rely on and businesses thrive on.
We partner with our clients to help them adopt the cloud and build the technology assets needed to transform their business, whether that be new custom software development, cloud migrations, or application modernization of existing, legacy systems.
We’re a high-performing entrepreneurial team with nearly two decades of experience helping enterprise organizations, including Honda, Acura, Brookfield, Canon, and many more continuously evolve their tech to meet their business goals.
We are a fully remote company that takes pride in having an unmatchable team of practitioners, in 5 countries across 4 continents, that have helped us rise to the ranks of being on the Profit 500, Canada’s Fastest Growing Companies, Best Workplaces in Technology, and Best Workplaces in Canada (Top 50).
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst executes and leads the team of QAs, to all phases of Testing Lifecycle through the analysis, design, execution, and maintenance of software test suites. As a Senior Quality Assurance Analyst, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, ranging from new and existing front-end web-based (mobile and desktop) applications to back-end API testing. You will work closely with the Product Engineering, Product and Project Management teams to create test cases, execute test suites, and create automated test cases for web and mobile applications.
You must bring leadership, analytical thinking, and be an inherently curious person who empowers yourself with continuous learning. If you consider yourself ahead of new technology, and you have a knack for speaking with different levels of stakeholders about your expertise, this role may be for you.
- Create strategic test plan approaches and suggest new methods and technologies to improve existing process
- Develop required QA artifacts including, but not limited to, master test strategy and plan, functional test plan, QA acceptance plan/sign off, defect tracking report.
- Review of documentation and/or test results in all QA test phases such as requirements validation, unit, integration, functional, and regression testing
- Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, information system performance, and corresponding documentation
- Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to review and develop unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and scenarios
- Make recommendations for improvement of applications to the development teams
- Create both manual and automated tests and execute tests for software and systems.
- Execute test plans and scripts / cases that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
- Lead the collaboration with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as system, unit, regression, load, and acceptance testing methods and activities.
- Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and team members.
- Improve applications to programmers and software developers or engineers.
- Create AODA (Accessibility) reports at end of test cycles as required.
- Analyze formal test results to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
- Lead daily standups, sprint planning, and project retrospectives.
- Inspire innovation and cultivate a positive and supportive team.
- Stay up to date with current best practices and emerging technologies.
- Participate and contribute to company culture.
- 5 – 7 years of experience in a Senior Quality Assurance/ Quality Assurance Lead role
- 8+ years direct experience in the design, development, and implementation of quality assurance standards for software testing
- 3+ years direct experience as a lead tester for major application integration and/or major application product release
- Good understanding of the quality assurance discipline, the defect lifecycle management processes, and the software commonly used for test planning and defect tracking (eg. Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience in developing test plans, writing test scripts, developing use cases, governing quality standards, vetting and guiding requirements/acceptance criteria, and assisting business users through user acceptance test processes.
- Experience and knowledge of software quality tools (ie. test case management, project planning, defect management, automation)
- Experience with web/mobile application testing (browser compatibility, responsive testing, etc.)
- Experience testing in Window OS, Mac OS, Mobile OS (Android, iOS), etc.
- Experience with testing APIs using tools such as Postman
- Understanding of cloud computing architecture, services and platforms
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodology,
- Understanding of user centric design principles, content, navigation, usability, behavioural analytics tagging, accessibility, SEO, localization/multi-lingual and personalization considerations
- Understanding of DevOps principles, processes and tools (e.g. IaC, CI/CD and orchestration)
- Experience with Test Automation (Nice to have)
- Experienced in working in Agile environment
- Good knowledge of structured test methods and processes
- Sense of urgency and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Ability to communicate ideas both technically and non-technically.
- Clear, concise and articulate. Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to various levels of stakeholder.
- Results oriented, critical thinker, good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Highly collaborative and dynamic
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, computer science, information systems or a related field.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and projects assigned with minimal supervision
- Proactive in raising potential risks/concerns
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.