Date PostedJanuary 13, 2024
Offered Salary$140000 - $170000 / year
Expiration dateFebruary 3, 2024
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a collaborative and self-motivated Senior DevOps Engineer to join our quickly growing team and make a big impact.
The DevOps and Platform groups are responsible for enabling the entire engineering department to focus on doing high impact work. This is accomplished by providing tools, processes, and other “paved paths” for our infrastructure, configuration management, and other application-agnostic needs. You’ll help ensure that our container-based infrastructure is cost-efficient, scales with our varied workloads, and of course, is reliable.
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you’re a cross-disciplined engineer who values collaboration with other teams and also embodies core DevOps philosophies and best practices. You’ll be joining a distributed-first team and be on-call for about 1 week every 10 weeks.
What You’ll do:
- Partner with fellow DevOps engineers and application teams on providing paved paths for infrastructure provisioning, CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, and helping optimize our containerized workloads
- Become the subject matter expert for our core Kubernetes and related tooling/ecosystem and help evangelize its usage across the organization
- Participate in agile ceremonies (stand ups, iteration planning, retros)
- Mentor peers and other teams on current best practices
- Keep abreast of new technologies and approaches as well as their possible integration into our stack
- Help document our tools and spread knowledge
- Join the weekly production on-call rotation
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- Embodies DevOps philosophies and have operated as a DevOps engineer
- Expertise with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
- Hands-on, production experience with Kubernetes
- Hands-on, production with AWS or similar cloud providers and their related services like EKS/ECS/etc
- Strong familiarity with cloud security practices and methodologies (shift left, etc)
- Experience with containerized solutions like Docker
- Experience managing high traffic sites and scaling/managing large data platforms for a fast scaling company
- Strong familiarity with CI/CD and automation tools like CircleCI, Argo, GitHub Actions, or Jenkins
- High level of personal accountability who works efficiently and independently as part of a distributed team
- Methodical approach to investigating bugs and building process that considers edge cases and team processes
- Clear communicator with both technical and less technical stakeholders (verbally and in writing)
- Collaborative, with the ability to give and receive feedback and ask for help or support when necessary
- Analytical systems-thinker who can also rely on intuition and experience to understand systems
- Flexibility and a willingness to help
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- Take-home coding assignment (2 hours max)
- Peer interviews, including a 30 min code review discussion
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
The starting salary for this role is between $140,000 and $170,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for employees and their families. We offer a high-deductible health plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals, as well as a range of other plan options. Our team also has access to 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, employer-funded HSA contributions, and other pre-tax benefits. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.