Date PostedJanuary 5, 2024
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2024
We’re seeking a designer who wants to make the world a better, and more beautiful, place. You’ll help conceptualize and create impactful work, while serving as a mentor and a leader on our design team.
Why work at Yoko Co?
- Do good, better: We exclusively serve clients who make a positive impact on the world. This is your chance to build things that help create a better place for all of us.
- 4-day work week and lots of holidays. Mondays are flex days, meaning you’re free to take them off if you’re caught up on your work. Plus, we’re closed for nearly a full week at Thanksgiving (November), and two weeks at the end of the year, plus a bunch of other days, too. Work-life balance FTW!
- High performance, no jerks. You’ll collaborate with good people who believe in doing great work.
- Best Place to Work (and that’s not just our opinion). We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and Washington Business Journal.
We value team members who are motivated by our mission and driven to make a positive impact. If you have a passion for excellence, a growth mindset, and a commitment to collaboration, we’d love to hear from you.
In this role, you’ll:
- Design: Create visually impactful deliverables, including wireframes, mood boards, design layouts, and prototypes, for a wide variety of clients and projects, adapting and building on their brand standards, styles, and goals.
- Collaborate: You’ll work as a part of a project team, collaborating on a daily basis with strategists and UX specialists, developers, and project managers, as well as other designers.
- Mentor: Share insight, experience, and feedback with other members of the design team, to help facilitate professional and personal growth.
- Present: Share your brilliant work with clients, hear their feedback, and discuss how the designs we create can most effectively contribute to their mission.
- And more: We believe that many of the best designers have a wide variety of skills – if you’ve done UX, development, leadership, unicycle juggling, or anything else that might be handy, we’re open to discuss how those skills could be incorporated into what you do here.
To succeed in this position, you’ll need:
- A proven track record of being the primary or lead designer on large projects in an agency or software development environment.
- A strong sense of intuition, understanding, and empathy, to communicate effectively with clients and team members – hearing not just what they say, but also what they mean.
- Experience working with professional design software and workflows (we use Figma), and a mastery of key concepts such as component libraries, design systems, autolayout, and tokenization.
- A keen visual eye, and the ability to spot minor inconsistencies from a mile away.
- At minimum, an understanding of the core principles of front-end web development, UX design, and basic animation.
- Comfortability participating in client meetings, and presenting your work to internal and external stakeholders.
- A solution-oriented mentality, and the perspective, context, and awareness to address complex problems in a sustainable way.
- Availability to work at least 5 hours overlap with 9-5 pm ET.
- A genuine desire to contribute to the growth of our team and the quality of our work.
What you get:
You’ll get a flexible schedule, unlimited time off, a competitive salary, a profit share bonus (starting in your second year), the ability to work wherever you want, a personal development budget, and all US federal holidays and multiple weeks off at the end of the year to recharge. We’ll also offset your entire carbon footprint. If you’re in the US, we also offer health insurance, disability and life insurance, and 401(k) matching.
More about us:
We’re a group of people who are passionate about the work we do, the clients we serve, and improving our craft. We also care about each other — we don’t think of one another as coworkers or employees, but as fellow humans. From developers to designers, project managers to strategists, we bring out the best in each other.
We’ve been in business for over a decade, our whole team is remote, we’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Inc. 5000 and the Washington Business Journal.
If you’re interested, send an email and a link to your portfolio to [email protected] with the subject line “Alignment” — and while you’re at it, we’d love to learn a bit more about you, and all the neat stuff you’ve done.
We take applicants from all over the world. However, you must be willing to work a schedule that overlaps with normal US business hours.
Please note that we will begin responding to applications the week of January 8, 2024.