Date PostedJuly 17, 2023
Expiration dateAugust 21, 2023
At ProWritingAid, our mission is to help people become better at writing so they can confidently share their ideas, stories, and knowledge.
Writing is one of the most important skills for professional and personal growth. If you love inspiring, educating, and helping people, then this is the right place for you. You’ll be helping not only our users but also the millions of children and adults inspired by their words.
We’re a 100% remote team spread across more than ten countries brought together by a love of language. By focusing on sustainable growth and the happiness of our team, we’ve been in business for over 8 years and are still growing strongly without any VC funding.
If you’re looking for a remote-first company that offers flexible working options, a friendly and talented team, and that trusts you to deliver your best work, you should definitely apply.
We’re looking for a Conversion Copywriter to help drive the next stage of our growth into a potential market of over 500 million users. Ideally, you will be based in the UK or Spain, but we can consider other geographies.
You’ll work as a member of our Website team to develop and evolve our product marketing strategy. With over 2 million visits per month and 30% growth over the last quarter alone, we have ambitions to scale our website to over 50 million visits per month over the next five years.
- Write incredible, highly-converting content that is emotional, appealing, relatable, and impossible to ignore.
- Develop a general understanding of the overall ‘story’ we want to tell throughout our conversion copy.
- Produce high-converting copy across the customer journey — website, landing pages, digital ads, marketing & onboarding emails, product copy, etc. — in order to convert more visitors into users and users into paid customers.
- Work across multiple user acquisition channels, including landing pages, static ads, email, in-app messaging, and more.
- Develop a deep understanding of our audiences using data and market research to come up with new copy angles to test.
- Be able to take raw voice of customer research snippets and craft them into compelling copy.
- Consistently monitor performance of your copy through a/b tests and reporting to find ways to improve conversion rates.
We’ll love you if you have:
- 3+ years of copywriting experience or similar (writing, journalism, advertising, marketing, freelance writer, communications).
- Proven experience crafting landing pages, website copy, PPC copy, prospecting emails, marketing email nurture flows.
- Strong understanding of “conversion” or direct response copywriting frameworks.
- Incredible writing skills, with the ability to grab attention and entice readers into a conversion.
- You have unique, innovative ideas.
- You are passionate about storytelling, problem-solving and wordsmithing.
- Strong writing skills to include tone, structure, grammar, spelling, and factual accuracy.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Highly organized with attention to detail.
- Native English
- Nice to have: Experience in B2C tech / SaaS.
- No agencies
How you’ll grow:
Happiness—we believe that the happier you are, the more productive you’ll be, so we focus on optimizing for employee happiness though wellbeing coaching and stress-reducing workflow management. Everyone can be happy if they’re doing the things that give them joy.
Opportunities to mentor and coach other team members—everyone has something to teach others. We actively encourage mentoring, pairing, and coaching. It’s also a great way to get to know your colleagues better.
Confidence—we believe that good decisions require different perspectives. We encourage everyone to contribute to the improvement of the product and company. You can be assured of a receptive and encouraging environment.
What we offer you:
Remote/flexible working—The company is UK-registered, but we have employees in more than 15 countries.
Clever people/hard problems—You will work with some of the most talented people in our industry. Our projects require innovation and creativity — not your regular “done that, repeat” stuff.
Make a difference—You get to work on a real-world problem and make a positive impact on wordsmiths around the world. Our users love the product, but there’s still a lot we can do.
A small but agile company—ProWritingAid is a fast-growing, yet nimble company, so your work is always delivered to our users and has a visible impact.
Competitive package—We always pay you what you are really worth (range depending on experience).
Annual meet up somewhere fun—Every year we bring the full company together to plan, learn and play! Last time we met up in Rome, Italy and ate so much we had to have two seats on the plane home.
Learning and development budget—We want to help our team grow and succeed, so each staff member has a personal learning and development budget to use on advancing their skills.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer genuinely committed to building a diverse team, and to fostering the type of inclusive environment in which diversity thrives. “Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”― Walter Lippmann
Hours of work
40 hours/week. Please note that we are a fully-remote company so all applicants must be prepared to work independently from their own space. You can work from wherever (and whenever) you are happiest.
How to apply
To apply please fill complete this application form.