Date PostedSeptember 15, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 13, 2023
Cloud features team need a strong Senior backend developer aligned with the company’s core values who can help the team in building features. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career as a Senior Back End Engineer during an exciting period of hypergrowth. You’ll work closely with the Engineering Cloud Features Team Lead to design and deliver solutions that will enable Time Doctor to scale and remain the market leader. All of this will be achieved through your ability to both deliver and collaborate with a team of talented engineers. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a modern tech stack on a product that has traction with significant growth opportunities
- Exceptional ability in building and scaling high-performance systems.
- Create elegant and well-tested code that is easy to maintain and ensures high performance at scale.
- Use engineering mindset to have an impact on how we are able to continually improve our products from a functional and scale perspective.
- Continually learn and research engineering trends to ensure that we are always using the most appropriate technology available.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 4 years of professional backend experience, ideally working on Nodejs applications at scale, with expertise in MongoDb ideally with some sharding experience.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Nodejs and a deep understanding of backend frameworks and technologies like NestJs.
- Experience with in Memory database such as Redis.
- Experience with test-driven development and continuous delivery.
- Proficiency in database design and optimization especially in MongoDB.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Experience working in a product focused SaaS company, preferably during a significant growth phase.
- Experience working with GCP technologies eg ( BigQuery, CloudRun, PubSub) BigQuery is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with right attitude and skills for problem solving.
This is a full-time, 100% remote position that will allow you to work from anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We are looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 130 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for innovative team members ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here – https://www.timedoctor.com/about-us.html