Date PostedJune 9, 2023
Expiration dateJune 30, 2023
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
As a Sr. Accountant at Polygon, you will help build the accounting function from the ground up to help support the future of Web3.
About the Team
The Team is composed of individuals from all over the world working together to build the gold standard in Web3 Accounting & Finance. Most of us here are passionate about Web3 and believe in the “future of money”.
A Day in the Life
No two days will be the same! The Web3 space is constantly evolving, and the Accounting Team at Polygon needs to keep up. One day may be full of technical accounting research, while the next is focused on balance sheet reconciliations or process improvement. Most days will be fast paced and dynamic.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to preparation of journal entries, account analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts within a complex entity structure
- Work with the Accounting Manager in documenting and researching complex technical accounting topics
- Provide key support in the implementation of NetSuite
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a complex organization
- Prior experience accounting for FX and Intercompany transactions
- Strong understanding of financial statements and GAAP Ability to work with little supervision
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational management skills
- Experience with NetSuite (strongly preferred)
- CPA designation (preferred)
- Prior experience accounting in a cryptocurrency setting (strongly preferred)
- Working knowledge of IFRS Experience researching complex accounting topics within FASB codification
- Big 4 accounting experience (large regional firm is okay)
- Consolidation experience in a multi-entity setting
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs