Date PostedSeptember 27, 2023
Offered Salary$100000 - $180000 / year
Expiration dateOctober 14, 2023
vidIQ builds software to help YouTube creators achieve their goals by growing their channels. Our mission is to advance the creator’s journey with actionable data-driven insights and AI powered tools. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That’s the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build and scale vidIQ’s data engine that drives insights for millions of creators.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
Our company has met the future of work head-on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge.
About the Team
We’re a team of 90+ people and growing quickly. Our vision is to be the smart copilot for every creator. We strive to create a welcoming environment where our team of smart, passionate people can share ideas with each other and do their best work. We are looking for team members who are excellent at their craft, communicate with kindness, and act like owners.
So what will you do at vidIQ in this Backend Engineer role?
You will work on the development of existing web-services, and creating new one’s and working with data intensive applications. Work on system design and help scale services to handle hundreds of thousands of user requests.
- Take ownership of services that you are working on.
- Troubleshoot different parts of the system in a timely fashion
- Take the initiative to resolve product issues.
- Help teammates with brainstorming sessions, technical design discussions, and code reviews (we highly appreciate all sort of improvements).
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code.
What technologies do we use
- Scala — TypeLevel stack: Cats, FS2, http4s, doobie
- AWS — EKS, DynamodDB, S3
- Databases — PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch
- Infrastructure — Kubernetes, ArgoCD, Docker, Github, Terraform
You might be a fit if you have
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience
- Experience with the Typelevel stack (Cats, FS2, http4s, doobie)
- Strong understanding of REST API / Microservices concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of SOLID principles.
- Your actions speak for yourself
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Creative problem solvers who take the initiative to improve products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remote teams require things to be written down and communicated clearly and kindly.
Perks and Benefits
- This is a 100% remote position and you may work from wherever you like
- We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it
- Paid holidays based on your location
- Monthly mobile and Internet service reimbursed
- Wellness bonus of 100USD on a monthly basis
- Support for professional development and relevant courses
- Work with amazing people around the world and make an impact in the Creator Ecosystem
vidIQ believes in providing competitive compensation to all team members as determined by the candidate’s skills, experience, and abilities, as well as internal equity and geo-location based pay. The upper range is reserved for individuals who demonstrate a high level of job knowledge and skills in their current role.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.