Date PostedSeptember 13, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 5, 2023
- Core languages: TypeScript
- Core concepts: Native App, API, offline
- Type: Contract, 4 day week
- Location: Remote
- Timezone: Core hours in GMT
How you can help us
We are looking for a talented React Native developer to join us on a short-term contract up to 30 days (4x days a week), starting on the 2nd week of October. You will work alongside our internal team and external partner, helping to deliver a multilingual educational app that will be used in low connectivity environments by users with low digital literacy.
Key deliverables include:
- Android App built with React Native & Expo.
- Support for multiple languages (all languages are LTR).
- Media streaming and download (both video and audio files).
- User registration and account management.
- API integration for reading and writing data from our Wagtail CMS/API.
- Handling syncing of offline progress/content.
- UI and UX development in collaboration with design team.
- Proven experience as a React developer, with an additional focus on native development with React Native.
- Solid experience with Expo framework, including Expo Application Services for builds and app distribution.
- Experience writing React projects with TypeScript.
- Experience working in a remote or distributed team environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Knowledge of Android best practices practices and debugging tools.
- React Native testing.
- Data security and responsible development as a priority.
- Good documentation and ability to communicate decisions with team members.
What we offer
- Flexible and autonomous, remote work environment.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- A collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Opportunity to work in social impact projects that create a positive impact.
Get in touch
We would love to hear from you if you are interested in this role. Please complete this form.