Date PostedJuly 3, 2023
Offered Salary$100000 - $120000 / year
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Formstack improves people’s lives with practical solutions to their everyday work. We are looking for the next Stacker to help us accomplish this mission.
Formstack is a remote-first company with team members who live and work across the U.S., Canada, and the globe. We offer more than just a job; we provide a community where you can learn, grow, and thrive your way. Join a dynamic and diverse team that values relationships as much as results. Come build what matters with Formstack.
Ennis Al-Asaaed, Director of Product Management at Formstack, is looking to hire someone to complement and strengthen the team.
Who You Are
You consistently uncover the highest value challenges through research, interviews, and analysis. You work with your Engineering Lead and Product Designer to balance desired outcomes against feasibility, effort, and user experience. You work mostly independently with guidance from peers and their manager. You are comfortable proactively seeking feedback and guidance from peers and managers.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership and contribute to a holistic product vision and work cohesively with other PMs to create a roadmap that meaningfully contributes to Formstack’s objectives.
- Define the outcomes and what success looks like for your product area in a way that aligns to our objectives and key results.
- Conduct discovery activities on a weekly basis (customer interviews, competitive review, internal process optimization, strategic insights) to identify pain points and opportunities
- Prioritize ruthlessly
- Monitor the market and analyze the competition
- Work with your Product Designer and Engineering Manager to consider value/feasibility/usability/viability risks, mitigations, and tradeoffs.
- Partner with Product Marketing Manager on Positioning, Messaging, Strategy, Communication, and Launches.
- Own the ROI for your product area
- Drive alignment and seek feedback from cross-department stakeholders on a continuous basis
- Communicate plans, metrics, ROI, customer use cases, successes/failures, and most importantly, the “why” of every release with the entire organization via various methods
- Act as a Product team advocate in the organization by helping to develop and maintain team processes and gathering feedback to inform and advise your colleagues.
- Be consistently aware of the product roadmap across all teams.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of and influence towards best practices of internal processes in Marketing, Customer Experience, Sales, and Engineering as needed.
How You Will Succeed
- Owning the full life cycle of product management
- Collaborate with various cross-functional partners for our Platform solution
- Strong analytical skills in prioritizing and creating a solid product roadmap.
- Conducting customer needs research, competitive analysis, market studies; and identifying product value proposition and market differentiation.
- Be familiar with and employ proper product management tools to create release artifacts, conduct interviews, provide clear communication, develop roadmaps, and turn metrics into actionable insights.
- These tools include ProductBoard, Google Analytics, Pendo, Confluence, JIRA, Monday, etc.
- Work with guidance from peers and managers and proactively seek their feedback and ask for help as needed
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or related experience preferred.
- 4-5 years in Product Management and 5+ years in technology roles
- Strong organizational, prioritization and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Proven track record of successful product management
- Capability to think commercially to drive business cases
- Go To Market experience, pricing, packaging, testing, and launching new products
- Formstack product knowledge
- Experience with document management systems, e-signature, and/or form-building solutions
$100,000 – $120,000 a year
Plus bonus up to 10% of salary
***This is a remote position***
This is a target, starting cash range for a candidate who meets the minimum qualifications for this role. The final cash pay for this role will depend on a variety of factors, including a specific candidate’s experience, qualifications, skills, and projected impact.
What Formstack Offers for Full-Time Employees in the US and Canada:
– Competitive health plans, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits for US and Canadian full-time employees.
– Monthly Health & Wellness and Technology stipends
– Half-day Fridays
– Unlimited PTO for all employees.
– 401k & Roth w/ safe harbor match (the US and Canada)
– The most up-to-date technology, including company-issued Macs, the latest software, and other tools needed to excel at your job
– Company-paid conferences and extended learning opportunities
– Yearly company and team gatherings
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every qualification. Formstack is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. if you’re excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Formstack is an equal-opportunity employer. We are passionately committed to equitable hiring and boldly dedicated to diversity in our work and staff. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related conditions), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, uniform service member status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, bilingual and bicultural individuals, LGBTQ+ persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All data collected in our application process, from resume collection to application questions, is used for recruitment purposes only. We will store it in our applicant tracking system, Lever, and will not share this data with anyone else. We will keep your data until the role is filled and only continue to store it if we feel you may fit future roles.