Date PostedOctober 4, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 31, 2023
Remote Year is searching for a Product Designer for a short-term project of around 1 month (may be extended) to help us design the digital experience and products to compliment the life changing experiences we offer our customers.
Reporting into the Lead Developer you will work in a small agile team to deliver high quality designs. You should feel comfortable working autonomously and across both UX and UI disciplines to bring ideas from conception all the way to pixel perfect designs.
Your responsibilities will include, and are not limited to:
- Create user flows, wireframes, and high-fidelity mockups for the Remote Year website, dashboard, back office, and future products on both mobile and desktop
- Collaborate with stakeholders and cross-functional team members to translate business objectives and requirements into great UX and UI and incorporate feedback throughout the project
- Continuously drive improvements to the user experience by leveraging qualitative and quantitative data
- Help to standardize design system guidelines and supporting visual libraries
- Work closely with software developers to ensure the quality of design implementation
- Stay on top of UX/UI design best practices and industry trends
Qualified candidates should have:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Designer or UX / UI Designer with a strong portfolio
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate the rationale and thought process behind ideas and solutions
- Strong skills with Figma
- Ability to collaborate with people from different disciplines with different needs
- Ability to be thrive in a rapidly growing team, be flexible, and adjust quickly to changes in priority or customer needs
- Ability to stay organized, efficient, and manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Experience working remotely
- Ideally, has traveled on a Remote Year program and is familiar and active within the Nation
This position is a fit for you if you are:
- Nimble – We need someone proven in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment who can handle multiple projects with stakeholders spanning the entire organization
- Organized – We rely on great time management skills and the ability to stay connected and productive in a distributed work environment
- Collaborative – We need someone with a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Creative – You are creative in every aspect of your job and are always looking for ways to think outside the box.
- Connected to our values – you care about travel, diversity and experience learning.
About Remote Year
Remote Year is a global startup that focuses on changing peoples’ stories and lives through community-based travel. Remote Year curates communities of interesting professionals, entrepreneurs, and freelancers from across the globe to travel on Retreats and 1, 4, or 12 month Work & Travel programs together. 93% of our customers report having a positive experience, and we are proud to continue to try to improve that number. As a brand, we believe that remote work is critical to a healthy work environment, and that travel while working remotely can lead to innovation, leadership, and growth.
Why work with us?
- We offer a competitive compensation
- You will work fully remote, like on our programs, the World is your office. Choose your base or next location
- You will join a diverse, globally distributed team, passionate about everything “remote”
- You will have the opportunity to join our programs
Diversity & Inclusion Commitment:
Remote Year is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment for all employees to show up authentically and an inclusive and diverse travel environment for all of our participants to practice global empathy.