Date PostedSeptember 18, 2023
Expiration dateOctober 9, 2023
Andela Talent Cloud is the industry’s only unified solution to manage the complete global talent lifecycle. We help enterprises source, qualify, hire, manage, and pay global technical talent in one integrated platform.
Market leaders partner with Andela to help rewrite their workforce strategies to include global, remote talent from over 175 countries to scale their teams and deliver projects faster.
Andela Talent Cloud provides an intelligent, AI-driven platform that helps enterprises build remote-fluent teams from emerging geographies such as Africa and Latin America. Powerful AI-matching algorithms learn from thousands of data points in the hiring journey to pinpoint the best engineers up to 70% faster at 30 to 50% less cost than other hiring approaches. Andela caters to specialized disciplines such as Application Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Cloud, and Data & Analytics, with over 30 specific use cases. The world’s best brands trust Andela, including GitHub, Mastercard Foundry, ViacomCBS, and Mindshare.
About the role:
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join our global People Team as a People Operations Partner collaborating to design and drive people-based policies and processes that help create exceptional remote-first experiences at scale for Andelans. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to leverage their strength in operational efficiency while also gaining exposure to employee engagement and international employment practices via Andela’s talent marketplace.
Responsibilities (note that this role will continue to evolve as our org grows):
Service Delivery & Employee Experience Administration: Proactively manage the full employee lifecycle, from onboarding to offboarding, for assigned regions [EMEA, LATAM and/or NA]
- Curate and deliver a 5-star welcome experience for new hires, and manage recurring onboarding related activities
- Partner closely with key stakeholders, including People Business Partners, People SMEs, and Legal, to execute People operational processes and services with a focus on employee experience, utmost confidentiality, and data integrity
- Be the first point of contact via our People Helpdesk for all questions and issues related to our people-based policies and processes, escalating to other members of the People team as appropriate
- Interact and build relationships with Andelans across the organization, unearthing opportunities to collaborate with them directly
Policies & Standard Operating Procedures: Design and implement people-based, remote-first policies and processes governing the full employee lifecycle
- Collaborate in creating, implementing and maintaining effective people policies and processes to support a high-performing workforce across our locations
- Document, maintain and communicate core People processes to stakeholders, managers, and employees.
- Support global Andela Relations initiatives, specifically helping to manage documentation and templates to improve compliance and reduce risk
Process Simplification & Automation: Proactive creation and/or streamlining of our people processes and systems to enhance the productivity and experience of our People team and the broader workforce.
- Ensure People operational excellence with accurate, timely, and robust information, process, and project management practices
- Assess and enhance our People systems, processes, and administration to scale across our teams in multiple locations
- Proactively identify and drive process improvement initiatives and plans, leveraging HR systems to automate and eliminate manual work where possible.
- Manage relationships with internal stakeholders [IT, Legal, etc] and third-party vendors to ensure efficient and effective delivery of People Team programs.
Data Management: Utilize HRIS systems to manage and update employee data, generate reports, and provide analytics to support data-driven decision-making.
- Process employee changes including document generation, notifications, and People systems updates.
- Support with data reporting, data audit, and data integrity initiatives
- Help identify trends through data and propose systematic operational solutions across various People data-related matters
- Participate in system testing tied to new program, system or process rollouts as needed
Project Management: Drive project management related to key People Team initiatives.
- Manage People team projects as assigned, ensuring seamless execution and scalability of new initiatives aligned with the organization’s growth
- Other related duties as assigned
As the local expert in a fully-remote team, you will need to independently own your scope, and comfortably navigate cross-functional dynamics to diagnose and resolve legacy and current challenges proactively.
- Minimum of 4 years of progressive HR generalist or related experience in Operations, Strategy, Project Management and/or Business Analysis
- Outstanding organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize effectively, drive flawless processes and handle multiple tasks at the same time and can drive flawless processes
- Strong attention to detail and laser-focused on getting things done independently with a high degree of customer-orientation and quality within a fast-moving, dynamic environment.
- Independent and creative thinker with a demonstrated passion for building for long-term scale, and exploring new opportunities or solutions to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Strong, thoughtful communicator able to engage strategically across all levels of the organization with high tact, sensitivity and clarity. Able to maintain discretion and confidentiality but also recognize what needs to be escalated and when
- Understands the significant impact of the work they do on the stakeholders they support and is able to remain steady under pressure when work volume or demand is high
- Analytical mindset with demonstrated comfort in working with Google Suite (or Microsoft Office) to create slide decks, work plans, etc., and expertise in remote working tools such as Zoom
- Knowledge and experience of: global compliance and local regulations, WorkDay or other HRIS & managing external vendors
- Experience in working in a multicultural and multinational environment.
- Experience in pre and post-acquisition integration.
About the Andela People Team:
In the People Team, we exemplify a remarkable range of behaviors that collectively propel our achievements:
Big-Picture Thinking: We seek to use data and insight to ensure well-informed decisions. We skillfully balance profound details with a holistic outlook, ensuring our actions remain perfectly aligned with overarching goals. Our proactive approach swiftly translates insights into action, all while maintaining a precise sense of direction and pacing.
Collaboration: We react promptly and positively to requests, offering unwavering support to team members without hesitation. Our adaptability shines as we work harmoniously with diverse team members, fostering a productive environment. Actively seeking opportunities to share knowledge, expertise, and workload, we contribute significantly to the collective achievement of our goals.
Positivity: We exude an authentic and unwaveringly positive attitude, even in the face of challenges and setbacks. We foster an atmosphere of optimism, inspiring our colleagues through our enthusiasm, encouragement, and resilient spirit. Taking an active approach to sustaining high team morale, we all play a key role in cultivating a culture of positivity and growth.
Team First: With unwavering commitment, we prioritize the team’s success over individual recognition. Fully immersing ourselves in the team’s context and dynamics, we actively contribute to group cohesion and harmony. We champion collaboration, recognizing the strength of collective efforts and nurturing an environment where every contribution is valued.
Pursuit of Excellence: Setting ambitious standards for both ourselves and our work, we consistently strive for superior outcomes. Challenges are welcomed as opportunities for personal growth, as we boldly push our boundaries. Fearlessly challenging conventional norms and practices, we drive innovation and foster a culture of continuous improvement that’s deeply ingrained in our team’s fabric.
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of the compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela.
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.