Date PostedNovember 3, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 20, 2023
Are you an experience designer or do you posses a great design lens? Are you used to building end to end experiences for customers and/or staff members? Do you consider yourself a strategic thinker who enjoys roles that demand strong business acumen? Are you constantly on the hunt for opportunities to build new cool stuff? Are you passionate about designing people experiences that tap into both the heart and the mind? Would you describe yourself as a superstar communicator and relationship manager who keeps the customer at the heart of everything you do?
Africa has an untapped talent pool that is increasing exponentially, with a projected workforce that will exceed India and China by 2035 Fuelled by this, our mission is to create work opportunities for millions of Africa’s youth and solve the world’s shortage of technology talent.
Our company SAND has 170+ staff members from 30+ countries with plans to acquire several companies around the world to become a multi-billion dollar global technology services provider that employs over 100K employees across the globe.
We have 3 brands represented in our ecosystem:
- With ALX, we are building the fastest-growing pool of technology talent in the world, training young talent across Software Engineering, Cloud Computing, Data Science and Salesforce. We are shaping the next generation of software engineers in over 60 countries.
- Through our talent agent, The Room, we are creating a community (43+ countries represented to date) for the World’s top tech talent sparking transformative careers by connecting top technology talent with extraordinary opportunities for impact.
- Through Sand Technologies we support enterprises and scale-ups around the world to develop world class technology products, build great technology teams, generate more revenue, and deliver outstanding customer experience. Our clients include one of the largest cloud computing providers in the world as well as Bestseller A/S (Denmark), Create Prime (New Zealand), Stanbic Bank (Kenya), and Tamara (Dubai).
With varying levels of expertise in software development, data, cloud, machine learning, artificial intelligence, UX design, web development, etc, we providing unparalleled opportunities to technology talent worldwide while reshaping industries, disrupting traditional business models, and creating new opportunities for innovation and growth.
We do hard things!
ABOUT THE PEOPLE TEAM
Why – The People Experience & Development team (PXD) exists to support the organisation and its leaders to maximize staff success as a function of engagement, satisfaction and performance.
How – We do so by fulfilling our staff’s needs of safety, belonging, esteem and growth, as well as, their physiological needs.
What – Our “products and services” for staff include (amongst others) online and in person community events and rhythms, tools and products for collaboration and communication, as well as, training programs for both staff and managers and systems to foster teams’ performance and development.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Creatively ideate powerful learning experiences from concept design and strategy to programming, logistics, documentation and communication in order to foster a culture of employee engagement and enhance job satisfaction. This includes organizing our online and offline signature staff events (ie All staff retreats, All hands meetings, Onboarding Experiences, etc.), as well as, manage our signature staff products (ie Pre Onboarding Online course, Staff Portal, etc.)
- Build end to end experiences for customers by carefully curating each touch point along the employee journey (from Onboarding to Offboarding)
- Employee Relations: Serve as a resource for employees on matters related to policies, procedures, and employee relations issues. Provide guidance and support to resolve conflicts, address concerns, and maintain a positive work environment.
- Employee Surveys and Feedback: Coordinate employee surveys and feedback mechanisms to gather insights on employee satisfaction, engagement, and organizational culture
- Experience & Expertise in at least 3 of the following (and willingness to do all 5):
- Experiential Learning
- Facilitating groups to achieve collective learning outcomes
- Event Design and Management
- Product Design (UX / UI)
- Project Management
- Role with strong business orientation
- +5 years of combined experience in online and/or offline Design, Operations, Management Consulting, Project Management and/or Business Analyst roles
- Business Acumen: Strategic thinker who is keen and quick in understanding and dealing with decisions that impact the business beyond the People function
- Builder: Great ability and passion to build things that will scaleOperations: Outstanding project management skills and can drive flawless processes with attention to detail, while constantly looking for opportunities for optimization and improvement
- People Oriented: Strong relationship builder across all ranks with excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- Energetic: Strong passion to succeed, comfortable under pressure, and with a big desire to have fun in the processTechy: Tech savvy with good knowledge of Google Suite (or Microsoft Office), Miro, and other Design tools
- Creative: Innovative and creative problem solver; you have a naturally curious mind to stay ahead of the curve on industry trends and can exercise ingenuity in finding new ways of doing things
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience working in fast growth startups, tech companies, design firms and/or consulting firms
- Experience in social impact and/or education organizations
ROLE SUCCESS OUTCOMES KPIs:
- Staff’s sense of community
- Staff’s understanding of our company and context
- Staff’s engagement and retention
- Staff satisfaction and engagement with our initiatives and products