Date PostedAugust 29, 2023
Offered Salary$22 - $28 / hour
Expiration dateSeptember 13, 2023
Are you looking for a dynamic, ever-changing environment with a company that has a mission to help the world be a safer place? Are you an aspiring People Experience professional that enjoys being a part of a global team that celebrates diversity, and is building an equitable, respectful workplace that all team members can thrive in? Provides an international team with support in all areas of People Operations? Do you enjoy learning new things, and navigating new challenges every quarter?
As a People Ops Intern in the People Experience pillar of the People Ops team at Flashpoint, you will get to do all of those things, including owning our employee events and gifting program, supporting multiple offices by providing general office management support, and diversifying your skill set by contributing to the creation of new programs and strategic initiatives.
Trusted by governments, commercial enterprises, and educational institutions worldwide, Flashpoint helps organizations protect their most critical assets, infrastructure, and stakeholders from security risks such as cyber threats, ransomware, fraud, physical threats, and more. Leading security practitioners—including physical and corporate security, cyber threat intelligence (CTI), vulnerability management, and vendor risk management teams—rely on the Flashpoint Intelligence Platform, comprising open source (OSINT) and closed intelligence, to proactively identify and mitigate risk and stay ahead of the evolving threat landscape. Learn more at www.flashpoint.io.
We have a role for you if:
- You have experience coordinating employee events
- You have contributed to new hire onboarding processes
- You have been responsible for general office management duties such as ordering supplies, and managing vendors who support the facilities
- You have an interest in organizing and supporting D&I initiatives, and owning portions of employee engagement programs and strategies
- You have been in a growing, scaling environment and know that flexibility, communication, adaptability, teamwork and context switching throughout the day are business-as-usual
What you will achieve:
Within 30 days, you have:
- Shadowed the members of the People Experience pillar to learn and understand critical functions
- Started to build relationships with the broader People Ops team
- Familiarized yourself with key company stakeholders
- Became acquainted with and comfortable using the People Ops stack of tools
- Spent time learning and understanding team and job-specific processes, as well as company policies with the intention to be an expert on such areas of ownership
Within 60 days:
- You have started to manage job specific people ops communications and content
- You are comfortable owning our employee swag and gifting program
- You have responded to team member inquiries for support
- You have become acquainted with our global health and wellbeing benefits with the intent to provide employee support where needed
By 90 days, you are:
- Conducting New Hire Check Ins and Exit Interviews with Flashpoint team members, escalating feedback where appropriate
- Managing People Ops Content and Communications, such as creating team meeting slides
- Owning the employee events program from end to end.
- Contributing to People Ops projects and process improvement, looking for ways to build scalability into everything we do
- Able to recognize when and who something needs to be escalated to
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience working in a People Operations team, preferably in a high-growth environment that supports multi-country operations
- Experience with office management and coordination of events
- Experience using user friendly HRIS systems like BambooHR or HiBob
- Experience with G-suite products such as Sheets, Slides and Docs
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
Base Pay Range: $22-28 p/hr, ~25 hours per week
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and products and services that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person’s unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded virtual events: book clubs, happy hours, committees, DIBE discussion group, Donut mixers, local team member meetups and much more.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements, expensed lunches, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.
- A Great Place to Work. Literally. According to the 99% of employees surveyed, Flashpoint earned designation as a Great Place to Work-Certified™ Company for 2021. 100% of employees agree that new hires are made to feel welcome and appreciated. If you are interested in learning more, please check out our Certified Profile