Date PostedJuly 10, 2023
Expiration dateAugust 7, 2023
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them the space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
This is an exciting time to join Paystack and make a personal difference in the African employment space as a Payroll Specialist, joining our African Operations team.
In your role, you will be owning the employee payroll cycle and employment statutory compliance in multiple countries that we operate in and ensuring compliance with all the statutory requirements in Africa and Europe. You will be reporting to the Finance Operations Lead and will be working from Nigeria.
What it takes to succeed in this role
- 5+ years of payroll management
- Strong Knowledge of payroll best practices.
- Strong knowledge of local payroll laws and regulations in Africa and Europe.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to use payroll software with accuracy and efficiency
- Proficient in using software tools like Microsoft Office or Google Suites.
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact.
- Be open to acquiring new knowledge, be analytical and interested in Payroll
- Solid understanding of accounting, financial reporting & Tax fundamentals and payroll best practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Liaise with Payroll service providers in the preparation of payroll and statutory filing requirements.
- Maintain and update employee payroll records, including tax and benefit deductions.
- Prepare and file payroll-related tax reports in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Conduct regular audits of payroll systems to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manages existing relationships with payroll, accounting and benefits service providers.
- Reconciliation of PAYE, Pension and other statutory remittances with respective Payroll providers
- Responsible for ensuring full data integrity and confidentiality.
- Manage and resolve any payroll-related issues or disputes.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies related to payroll and employee benefits.
- Communicate effectively with employees and management regarding payroll issues, benefits, and policies.
- Stay up-to-date on changes to local payroll laws and regulations and ensure compliance.
This role is full-time and remote-friendly within +/- 3hrs of West African Standard Time
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in a big four, top-tier consulting firm, fintech or financial institution.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working environment
- Full medical coverage
- Pension contributions
- Gym membership
- Macbook pro
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth
Paystack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded. Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives. Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.