Date PostedMay 29, 2023
Expiration dateJune 23, 2023
We are a diverse team that takes pride in understanding the perspectives of others. We fully embrace working remotely and we are eager to act, improve and accelerate progress inside and outside of our organization.
To drive revolutionary changes in society and make crypto useful, we delight our customers with world-class products, deep care, and intentional empathy.
As our Payroll Analyst, you will manage and process Bitso’s LATAM payroll accurately and in compliance with regulations. You will ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time and that all required taxes and deductions are appropriately calculated and withheld.
You will also be responsible for maintaining payroll records and producing reports to support financial reporting and budgeting. By managing the payroll process effectively, you can help to build trust and goodwill among employees. Additionally, accurate and timely payroll processing can help to improve overall financial management and support strategic decision-making by providing accurate and timely financial information.
Associate Director of People
Who You Are
Failure to meet any of the following required qualifications could result in an automatic rejection.
- Proven English fluency.
- Currently living in Latin America.
- Experience processing payroll in Latin American countries (Mexico and Brazil are strongly preferred)
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A clear understanding of LATAM’s payroll regulations
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and deadline
- Practical experience prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to identify and resolve complex payroll issues and discrepancies.
- Proven excellent customer service to employees and stakeholders regarding payroll-related inquiries.
- Working experience in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What You Will Do
- Calculating employee salaries and benefits accurately and in a timely manner.
- Processing payroll transactions, such as new hires, terminations, and changes to employee information.
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations, including tax and labor laws.
- Analyzing payroll data to identify trends and make recommendations for improvements.
- Preparing and distributing payroll reports to management and other stakeholders.
- Collaborating with HR and finance teams to ensure accurate financial reporting and budgeting.
- Responding to employee inquiries regarding payroll issues and discrepancies.
- Developing and maintaining payroll policies and procedures.
- Assisting with the implementation of new payroll software and systems.
- Keeping up-to-date with changes in payroll regulations and technology.
- Attending Bitsonauts about concerns and questions payroll related
Who We Are
With over 5 million users, Bitso is the leading cryptocurrency platform in Latin America. We are developing the cryptocurrency ecosystem in the region and enabling financial inclusion. We believe crypto is the future of finance, and we’re committed to making it useful by providing equal access to safe and intuitive financial products.
We are here to make a lasting impact on our customer’s lives and we do so by embracing our core values:
- Be Human: we delight our customers through great products, deep care and true empathy. We are humble and we take pride in understanding the views of others to help us see the full picture.
- Drive Change: we’re fearless pioneers committed to unlocking the crypto revolution for humanity. We move fast, take risks and work together to drive lasting impact.
- Choose Bold Honesty: we seek the truth, especially when it’s uncomfortable, in our teams, products and business reality because that will uncover where we need to focus.
- Be An Owner: our sense of urgency makes us have a bias towards action, where we prioritize exceptionally and are wise in allocating our time to ensure we always deliver creative and innovative results.
Learn more about our culture and values.
Compensation & Benefits
At Bitso, you are taking the front seat on the edge of crypto innovation, creating the next generation of crypto-powered products.
So for those willing to commit, adapt and pioneer the most important change of the century we offer:
- Me Time program, including unlimited paid time off.
- Remote-first work environment.
- Employee Stock Option program.
- Zero trading fees through our Bitso app.
- Extended Family Leave policy: all birthing parents, non-birthing parents and adopting parents are eligible for a 4-months leave.
- Premium health, dental and life insurances in Mexico, Brazil and Argentina.
- Mental wellness platform.
- Volunteering days.
- Subsidized caregiving for children, adults or pets.
- Monthly stipend for gym memberships, relaxation activities, sports equipment, cooking classes, books, entertainment and more.
Want to leave an undoubtedly legacy with us? Fasten your seatbelt and join this spaceship, where you will find exponential growth and the opportunity to thrive!
- These are the applicable requisites, although equivalent competencies in any of the above will also be considered.
- This role is expected to work remotely.