Date PostedJanuary 31, 2024
Offered Salary$64400 - $131000 / year
Expiration dateFebruary 19, 2024
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
An overview of this role
As a Payroll Analyst at GitLab, you will work closely with other members of the Payroll team in handling our US payroll. You will report to the Payroll Manager and work fully remote within the Americas region. If you have 3+ years of public company payroll experience and proven to be self-motivated, tech-savvy, and able to deliver results in a fast-paced environment, this position may be the right fit for you.
What you’ll do
- Process full-cycle US payroll on a semi-monthly cadence for 1,100+ (and growing) team members across 49 states in addition to off-cycle payroll runs (as needed).
- Assist new hires with payroll onboarding requirements.
- Process final payments for terminated team members while complying with state laws.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity across multiple disparate systems (e.g. Workday HCM, ADP Workforce Now, Fidelity).
- Process benefit deduction changes and ensuring 401(k) changes are updated accordingly.
- Apply funding for 401(k) contributions and perform reconciliations.
- Partner with various departments such as Stock Admin, People Operations, Benefits, Accounting, and Internal Audit to achieve cross-functional objectives.
- Assist the Accounting team with month-end and year-end matters.
- Assist with compliance related matters such as but not limited to multi-jurisdiction tax withholdings, garnishments, reconciling payroll data, reviewing timesheets for non-exempt team members, etc.
- Register for new state and/or local tax jurisdictions.
- Research and resolve tax notices from government agencies.
- Responsible for Washington and Ohio worker compensation insurance on an annual and quarterly basis.
- Analyze and detect opportunities for improvement and suggest scalable processes and/or best practices.
- Create and/or maintain documentation as it relates to payroll processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters.
- Provide exemplary support to our US team members by responding to inquiries on an almost daily basis.
- Assist with year-end payroll activities such as but not limited to payroll reconciliations, W-2 review, outstanding tax related matters, etc.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant and progressive payroll experience in a public tech company.
- ADP Workforce Now experience required; Workday HCM experience is a plus.
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll.
- Knowledge in California payroll laws and regulations required.
- Proficiency in utilizing Google Suite and Microsoft Excel.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to think critically and outside the box.
- Ability to work independently with a team first mentality.
How GitLab will support you
- Benefits to support your health, finances, and well-being
- All remote, asynchronous work environment
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Equity Compensation & Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Growth and development budget
- Parental leave
- Home office support
Please note that we welcome interest from candidates with varying levels of experience; many successful candidates do not meet every single requirement. Additionally, studies have shown that people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every single qualification. If you’re excited about this role, please apply and allow our recruiters to assess your application.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.