Date PostedJanuary 17, 2024
Offered Salary$60000 - $101000 / year
Expiration dateFebruary 5, 2024
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different?
Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
Proof of Work
A high-profile role within the firm this position requires a high-caliber professional who will provide an independent assessment of the regulated entity’s risks and proactively communicate and engage at senior levels within the business to assist with identifying, analyzing, mitigating, managing and monitoring the risks that arise. The individual should have a strong background in risk management in a financial institution notably the implementation and embedding of risk frameworks and related tools. The individual will serve as a subject matter expert, providing ongoing direction and consultative advice to the business unit with respect to risk management policies, guidelines, and best practices.
- Support Kraken’s US Head of Operations in overseeing the risk function by assisting in the development of the entity’s risk management framework and addressing any deficiencies.
- Foster, develop and enhance a strong risk management culture, across all categories of risk, throughout the company.
- Coordinating development and enhancement of the company’s Risk Management Framework and day to day risk management processes by ensuring it is updated to reflect current operational, compliance, regulatory expectations, and adds real, action-oriented value to the company.
- Support the Head of Operations in measuring and monitoring risks, contributing to risk management policies and procedures, and implementing respective mitigation measures.
- Monitor industry, market and regulatory matters relevant to the firm and provide analysis and recommendation related to the impact changes may have on the business. Identify risk management policies and procedures that may need to be updated to be in line with applicable law, regulations and license obligations.
- Support regular risk assessments to enable a risk based approach to be taken in respect of the company’s risk program.
- Advise the Head of Operations on topics in relation to the overall risk appetite, tolerance and strategy of the company and assist company leadership with the execution of risk management strategies.
- Perform analysis of risk data to identify insights, trends and emerging risks.
Skills you should HODL:
- 2-4 years experience working in a Risk function within the financial services or banking industries, ideally within highly regulated businesses
- Self-starter who always seeks to take ownership of initiatives and responsibility for finding solutions to complex problems
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables at any given time
- Ability to self-prioritize and manage multiple workloads
- Critical thinking skills, with the ability to think creatively in a fast-paced environment
- Team player with strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, highly detail oriented
Location Tagging: #US
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know