Date PostedJuly 3, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Flashbots is actively seeking to hire a researcher to work on market and mechanism design for our Research Org.
The role is suited for individuals familiar with details of competitive dynamics arising around existing markets who’re able to apply this understanding to aid in the design of novel ones.
This role is designed for those who have a deep understanding of the competitive dynamics that exist within current markets(tradfi / blockchain markets), and who are capable of using this knowledge to not just further our understanding but to question existing systems and propose innovative new market designs.
- Understanding of market microstructure literature
- Proficiency in elements of statistical arbitrage, particularly inventory and risk management
- Familiarity with MEV and blockchain-based trading strategies
- Prior experience in conducting research in any capacity, whether as a practitioner, data scientist, or theoretician will be extremely beneficial
Flashbots started in 2020 as a research and development organization formed to mitigate the negative externalities and existential risks posed by Maximal Extractable Value (MEV) to smart-contract blockchains, starting with Ethereum. We build products to maximally decentralize public blockchains, redistribute MEV, and empower users. We work closely with our community to ensure that our products have a positive impact, are secure, and can be used in production at scale.
Since the launch of Flashbots, we have had an immense impact on the world of cryptocurrency. The Flashbots Auction was launched in alpha in January 2021 and was quickly adopted by almost all Ethereum miners. Prior to Ethereum’s Merge in 2022, Flashbots launched MEV-Boost, a temporary solution for out-of-protocol proposer-builder separation. MEV-Boost has since been adopted by over 90% of Ethereum validators and has significantly influenced the Ethereum PoS ecosystem. Now, Flashbots continues its journey with the introduction of novel privacy primitives and SUAVE.
Flashbots Research is an independent arm of the organization that aims to become the hub of MEV research. In addition to conducting in-house analysis, Flashbots Research collaborates with external researchers at other institutions via an external grants program. Flashbots Research continues to publish seminal research on MEV, covering a wide range of topics including cross-chain MEV, EIP1559 and MEV, how ETH2 affects MEV, SGX and privacy, and more. For a full list of publications, visit writings.flashbots.net.
- Competitive salary
- Significantly above market rate equity compensation package
- Unlimited PTO with a high level of freedom and autonomy for your work
- Yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals
- Work alongside the brightest minds in the crypto space
- Help build the future of blockchain technology
- Attractive health cover package for US employees
- Remote working – travel and work from anywhere in the world
- Paid travel – team on-sites in different parts of the world, several times a year
At Flashbots, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability status.