Date PostedSeptember 19, 2023
Offered Salary$45 / hour
Expiration dateOctober 10, 2023
$45 per hour
Part-time/contract (10-15 hrs/week), Remote
Designlab is seeking a Marketing Graphic Designer to assist our Growth team across a 3-month period, with a longer term engagement possible. In this role, you’ll be responsible for producing digital display ads, email and blog graphics, landing page updates, sales/admission decks, and more. You’ll collaborate with individuals across our Growth team and your primary point of contact will be our VP of Growth.
We’re an agile, outcome-driven team focused on building exceptional learning experiences for our students, thousands of whom have advanced their skills with our help. Our mission is to offer transformative and accessible product and digital design education that can change lives by unlocking creative potential, and this extends to our internal philosophy of how we work. Thanks to our best-in-class product with rave reviews, we’ve built a passionate community of students, mentors, and alumni.
In this role, you will envision, create, and iterate on the visual design found across our marketing channels to ensure they align with and promote our brand, aesthetic, and marketing strategy. This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to apply your design skills to the world of education, and help make a real difference in the lives of digital and product designers worldwide.
Sounds interesting? Read on to see if the role is a good fit for you!
- Produce high-quality, effective, creative assets across a variety of digital formats and channels, including paid social, email, and website landing pages, that help create high-impact marketing journeys for prospective students across our learning products.
- Iterate on creative using admissions feedback and marketing results.
- Create and execute compelling, thoughtful designs while remaining within brand guidelines.
- Collaborate with the Growth team to ensure all marketing design deliverables align with our mission, brand image, and marketing strategy, and showcase a consistent brand look, feel, and voice throughout.
The Successful Candidate:
- Has done something similar before: This isn’t the first time you’ve owned the creation of marketing design deliverables for (mostly digital) marketing teams.
- Understands the importance of brand: You know how to work within brand guidelines to create assets that perform.
- Scrappy & efficient: You excel at producing high-quality assets in a fast paced environment. You’ve worked with startups or other resource-constrained organizations.
- Assertive: You seek to understand the intent of a brief and aren’t afraid to push back to help clients and stakeholders achieve their goals.
- Easy to work with: You seek to do your best work without bringing a lot of ego into the equation.
- 5+ years working as a Graphic or Marketing Designer, ideally working with or on in-house design/marketing teams
- Mastery of graphic and digital design tools such as Figma, AfterEffects, the Adobe Creative Suite, and Google Slides. Bonus for knowledge of Canva!
- Extensive experience creating social media assets, email headers, digital ads, and a variety of other digital marketing assets
- Can quickly get up to speed with a changing set of brand guidelines (seeing as we’re currently in the middle of an exciting rebrand!)
- Experience with designing high-fidelity, marketing landing pages built for data-driven conversion
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work approximately 10-15 hours/week, with some overlap to US time zones.
- Ability to work remotely with high-speed internet access
- Competitive compensation
- Team is 100% remote, work where you want
- Work with a talented, mission-driven team on a product that’s innovating in the online education space with thousands of paying customers around the world
How to apply:
Apply using the “Apply for this job” button on the right.
We’ll contact you to let you know whether we’re moving forward with your application within two weeks of receiving it.
At Designlab, we know that building a diverse, equitable and inclusive team empowers our community to achieve beyond the ordinary. We are committed to celebrating our differences as they are core to ensuring that our journey is both unique and powerful.