Date PostedJanuary 8, 2024
Offered Salary$135000 - $150000 / year
Expiration dateJanuary 31, 2024
Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to enable organizations to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media. Muck Rack’s Public Relations Management (PRM) platform enables organizations to build relationships with the media, manage crisis risk and demonstrate PR’s impact on business outcomes.
Founder controlled, fully distributed, and growing sustainably, Muck Rack has received several awards for its unparalleled culture and product from organizations like Inc., Quartz, G2, and BuiltIn. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, & customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do.
We’re looking for a strategic and analytical manager, customer success enterprise (ENT) to join our team and ensure our largest customers successfully adopt and renew Muck Rack year over year. Being successful on this team means advocating for customer needs, challenging convention through new ideas and solutions, and working together to create impact.
As a manager, customer success ENT you will work with a large volume of customers across your team’s full book of business in both proactive and reactive manners, participating in and driving cross-functional initiatives focused on improving customer health, revenue growth and retention. A major part of your role will also be to coach and advance the team to high standards of excellence.
In this role, your mission will be to go beyond the goal of customer renewals and instead focus on long-term customer health. As a leader, you have a passion for solving problems, you are devoted to operational and engagement improvements, and you are committed to developing the skills of your team.
What you’ll do:
- Attract, hire, onboard, coach and retain top customer success managers, starting with 4-5 direct reports with the expectation to grow your team throughout this year
- Motivate, inspire and mentor your team members to achieve strong quarterly results
- Manage recurring revenue and deliver high on-time renewal rates
- Help craft the evolving and growing Enterprise CSM strategy for Muck Rack and manage through change
- Build customer success playbooks that drive gross and net revenue retention for Muck Rack’s largest accounts
- Partner with Revenue Operations to define and execute against rules of engagement and customer journey triggers
- Partner with Revenue Enablement to develop training and career paths for your direct reports
- Collaborate with other CSM leaders, such as Customer Support, Customer Education, and Customer Onboarding to advocate for customer needs and deliver a unified & professional customer experience
- Work closely with Sales teams to ensure customers’ pre-sale expectations are exceeded in the post-sale experience
- Own key metrics for your team including renewal forecast, activity management, upsells, platform adoption, and churn
- You will build relationships with key customers via calls and on-site visits
How success will be measured in this role:
- Quarterly net and gross revenue retention goal attainment
- Improving and maintaining high customer health scores alongside retention
- Ability to recruit and retain your team
- Upward feedback from your direct reports and peer feedback
- Ongoing process refinement and change management
- Cross-functional partnership with Sales, Revenue Operations, Marketing, and Product
If the details below describe you, you could be a great fit for this role:
- At least 4-6 years professional experience, with at least 2 years of related experience managing a revenue generating customer success team in B2B SaaS and at least 1 year of direct experience as a CSM working with Enterprise customers
- Proficiency managing pipeline, forecasting and reporting in a CRM
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking – able to take complex customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them (includes strong writing and communication skills)
- Experience working with enterprise accounts to identify and solve challenging business problems
- Enjoy working in a fast growing company, resilient to necessary business changes and excited about leading your team to new heights
- Experience working toward customer health and satisfaction – not just toward a renewal
- A natural ability to collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Product, Revenue Operations, and other Customer Success teams
- Able to travel up to 15% of the time to customer meetings or remote offices
- Experience building cohesive, distributed teams with a proven ability to coach and develop others
Below you’ll find an outline of the interview plan for this role. Please note that this is what we expect the process to look like; we may ask you for supplemental information or require an additional step before making a final decision.
- 30 min interview with a member of our Talent Team
- A 1 hour zoom interview with the hiring manager
- A panel interview with several team members
- Take-home assignment (2 hours max)
- Final call(s) with executive team member(s)
In the US, the base salary for this role is between $105,000 and $120,000, with an OTE between $135,000 and $150,000+. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location. For all other countries, we have competitive pay bands based on market standards
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
Why Muck Rack?
Remote Work, Forever. We’re a fully distributed team and have pledged to remain that way forever. We offer employees a full home office setup, phone & internet reimbursement, and a monthly coworking membership. We build culture through virtual and in-person team bonding opportunities including team lunches, friendly competitions, and celebratory events!
Transparent Compensation. We offer competitive geo-neutral pay in the U.S. and review compensation at least once annually to ensure internal equity and alignment with the external market. Depending on the role, we offer either a standardized bonus program or attainable commission structure and an opportunity to earn equity in the company. All employees are eligible for our 401(k) plan* with employer contributions.
Health & Wellness*. Muck Rack provides comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance for employees and their families. We offer a high-deductible health plan with 100% premium coverage for individuals, as well as a range of other plan options. Our team also has access to 24/7 Virtual Care, an Employee Assistance Program, employer-funded HSA contributions, and other pre-tax benefits. Team members have access to a quarterly wellness stipend and a free Headspace subscription.
PTO and Family Benefits. Our team enjoys 4+ weeks of off-the-grid PTO, plus paid sick/mental health days, summer Fridays, and 13 paid holidays. In order to combat Zoom fatigue and allow for deep work without interruption, we have implemented “No Internal Meeting Fridays” year round. We also provide up to 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave.
Personal & Professional Development. We grow talent by creating internal pathways for advancement and promotion. Muck Rack conducts bi-annual performance reviews, hosts team-wide workshops, and offers management training and leadership training opportunities. We also provide unlimited subscriptions to L&D platforms including Coursera & O’Reilly, as well as 2 additional days of PTO to dedicate to learning and development.
Culture of Inclusion. We know that diverse perspectives breed innovation and help us better serve our customers. We are committed to ensuring employees feel their identities are valued and that people of all backgrounds and points of view are treated equitably.
Customer-First. Founder-controlled means we have the freedom to be nimble, highly collaborative and innovative, building forward-thinking products that enable 3,000+ companies around the world to build trust, tell their stories and demonstrate the unique value of earned media.
*These benefits are specific to US-based employees. In some, but not all, cases we are able to offer equivalent benefits to employees located outside of the United States.
While we are a fully distributed team, we do have limitations on where we can hire and maintain a list of acceptable working locations based on job function. If we are unable to hire in your current location for the role for which you applied, you will be notified via email. While we enjoy many benefits as a permanently distributed and remote company, we cannot always support relocation or extended travel and have guidelines in place to ensure compliant work away from your designated permanent residence.