Date PostedAugust 16, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 13, 2023
Are you passionate about technology sectors with experience in the development, management and strategic approach of a powerful rewards and loyalty programme? Do you have the ability to think critically about market trends, competitive landscapes, and incentives to drive customer behaviour? Can you work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment?
If so, well, this might just be the job for you!
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource – its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and connecting 2 million young leaders to opportunities by 2030. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019. ALX and The Room are two brands of the African Leadership Group.
ALX is our training arm, focused on developing skills for the fourth industrial revolution (software engineering, devops, data science, etc.) to ensure that Africa is able to compete effectively as the world undergoes a digital transformation. To cement this, through our legal entity African Leadership International (ALI), we have signed an agreement to acquire Silicon Valley based Holberton Inc. – a project-based, college alternative educating the next generation of software engineers. This will give us ownership of the advanced technology program that will enable us to provide global organizations access to significant untapped pools of talent that can bridge the growing global shortage of technology talent. For more on this, please read this article here.
The Room our talent placement arm, is a community that our young talent join to access global work opportunities. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs on African youth. View this pitch deck to see how we present ourselves to employers.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY EXPERIENCE TEAM
Join a talented and motivated team of professionals dedicated to creating a vibrant and engaging community for our members. The role of this team is to build a highly engaged tech-focused community that enables career acceleration and drives revenue. Our objectives include activating a self-mobilized thriving community that aim to provide significant value through community engagement, enhancing the self-actualization of all members. We encourage autonomy, creativity, collaboration and experimentation. We seek those that have a beginners’ mindset, are lifelong learners, thrive in uncertain circumstances and uncharted territory, and have a deep passion for building meaningful experiences. If you’re excited about working in a hyper-growth, hard-working but fun and collaborative environment, you are in the right place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Loyalty and Rewards Programme Specialist, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a world-class rewards and engagement programme for The ROOM’s community members. Your strategic approach will drive continuous engagement, revenue generation, and high-performance motivation, using data insights to measure participants’ career progress. In this role you must demonstrate the unique ability to balance the art of programme design with the science of programme in order to drive customer lifetime value through data-led insights. You will work across the organization’s value chain, collaborating with different business units to achieve their strategic objectives. Additionally, managing the day-to-day operations, overseeing team projects, campaigns, and reporting will be part of your accountability.
More specifically your role will include:
- Strategy and Design:
- Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for the loyalty and rewards programme, aligning it with the organization’s goals and values. Design innovative initiatives and incentives to drive engagement and achieve desired outcomes.
- Partnerships and Alliances:
- Cultivate and manage relationships with rewards partners, merchants, and loyalty management system providers. Negotiate and establish impactful partnerships to enhance the programme’s value and offerings.
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and manage an in-house team, providing guidance, support, and performance supervision. Foster a collaborative and innovative team culture to drive excellence.
- Operational Management:
- Oversee day-to-day programme operations, including team projects, campaigns, reporting, and invoicing. Ensure all tasks are completed to the highest standard, within budget and timeline.
- Data Insights and Analytics:
- Leverage data insights to optimize the programme’s performance and demonstrate its impact on member engagement and retention. Use analytical skills to structure, analyze, and report data accurately.
- Financial Acumen:
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of financial principles to effectively manage the programme’s budget and resources.
- Partnership Mindset:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, including executives, department heads, marketing, product, community, and city teams, to promote collaboration and deliver value.
- Awareness and Campaign Management:
- Work closely with marketing, product, community, and city teams to raise awareness of the programme and manage campaigns effectively.
- Technical Requirements:
- Facilitate technical aspects to ensure the delivery and stability of systems supporting the programme.
- Innovation and Change:
- Drive innovation within the programme and promote positive change to adapt to evolving business needs.
Hold at least a postgraduate degree or equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Business Administration, Information Technology, Quants and Analytics, or related disciplines.
- Additional professional qualification/certification in behavioral economics (advantageous).
- Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in building and managing rewards or behavioral programmes, or related areas.
- Proven leadership skills, including performance supervision, development, and resource management.
- Experience in innovating and designing initiatives, standalone or within a broader organizational structure.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to work independently and manage integrated teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills, organization, and the ability to handle pressured work environments effectively.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English.
- Ability to build effective relationships, promote collaboration, and handle conflict constructively.
- Understanding of financial business and strong financial acumen.
- Sound analytical skills, data structuring, analysis, and reporting capabilities.
- Client-centric approach and business partnering skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect for diversity.