Date PostedJuly 24, 2023
Expiration dateAugust 28, 2023
Are you interested in designing impactful learning experiences for young Africans at scale?
Well, this might just be the job for you!
In 2035, Africa will have the largest workforce in the world and will need to catalyse transformation by empowering its largest untapped resource – its people. Fuelled by this, the African Leadership Group is an ecosystem of institutions with a shared vision to harness Africa’s abundant human capital and transform the continent and the world by selecting, developing, and connecting 2 million young leaders to opportunities by 2030. ALG was founded over 15 years ago by Fred Swaniker, a serial entrepreneur recognised by Time Magazine as one of the 100 most influential people of 2019. ALX and The Room are two brands of the African Leadership Group.
ALX is our training arm, focused on developing skills for the fourth industrial revolution (software engineering, devops, data science, etc.) to ensure that Africa is able to compete effectively as the world undergoes a digital transformation. To cement this, through our legal entity African Leadership International (ALI), we have signed an agreement to acquire Silicon Valley based Holberton Inc. – a project-based, college alternative educating the next generation of software engineers. This will give us ownership of the advanced technology program that will enable us to provide global organizations access to significant untapped pools of talent that can bridge the growing global shortage of technology talent. For more on this, please read this article here.
The Room our talent placement arm, is a community that our young talent join to access global work opportunities. To learn more about us, please read this article about why we launched The Room & this article about the impact of our development programs on African youth. View this pitch deck to see how we present ourselves to employers.
ABOUT THE TALENT READINESS TEAM
The Talent Readiness (TR) team consists of designers and program managers who work together to create fun and impactful learning experiences. Designers build curriculum that they share with program managers who are responsible for ensuring that learners have a safe, conducive learners environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Your role will include:
- Creatively curate powerful learning experiences by working collaboratively with other subject matter experts in different content areas.
- Conduct design sessions to map out key learning outcomes and desired competencies to be developed by programmes and courses.
- Map out modules, content, projects, assignments and success metrics for different learning programs
- Develop curriculum and course content in consultation with the Vice President of Learning and other subject matter experts, and manage project timelines for delivering world-class, well-designed learning experiences.
- Curate high-quality course content and detailed session plans for self-paced online learning, facilitated in-person learning, and simulation-based experiential learning.
- Create and update student guides in addition to internal guides for learning programs.
Experience & Expertise in at least 3 of the following:
- Instructional design
- Product design
- Facilitating groups to achieve collective learning outcomes
- Project management
- Experiential learning
- Online learning/technology based-learning
We would also like to remind you that this is a remote job, which means that you can work from anywhere in the world. However, we have a preference for a GMT to GMT +4 time zone.