Date PostedOctober 27, 2023
Expiration dateNovember 14, 2023
At Fortis Games we aspire to make great games that bring people together while redefining how game companies work. We believe in building a sense of belonging through our games, their communities, and how we operate and treat each other. Through our game communities, we will create powerful connections and lasting memories. We will foster a culture of diversity, equity and belonging where together our diverse skills, experiences and backgrounds impact the games we make.
We are an early but mighty organization with a leadership team of game industry veterans. There are many opportunities for you to have a big impact on the products we’ll be making as well as the overall direction of the company. If you’re passionate about tackling difficult problems with direct and thoughtful communication and team first mentality, we may be the right place for you.
About the role
The Community Development Team is looking for a Lead Community Manager to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the Head of Player Community and our Player Community team to be deeply embedded within our game team and player community while acting as the connective tissue between stakeholders. You will be able to contribute to developing our community engagement strategies, sentiment analysis and reporting, creating meaningful feedback loops, and foster a healthy and connected community where our players feel membership and belonging.
- Act as a core game team member and provide community perspective throughout every phase of the game development process.
- Create and oversee data-driven feedback loops that are both qualitative and quantitative between game and cross-functional teams ensuring community is considered and represented.
- Identify unique and meaningful community connection opportunities for our teams to develop strong connections within our player base.
- Own real-time sentiment analysis and reporting to keep our teams in the know of our community.
- Partner with Community Platforms team to develop engaging community-focused campaigns that show authentic connection and understanding of our player base.
- Align with Player Support team to generate a 360 view of our players’ issues and concerns while providing proactive solutions and applying key learnings.
- Work directly with community leaders, content creators, and the community as a whole to make sure the voice of our players is represented.
- Help build, lead, and nurture the growth of the Player Community team.
- Share learnings with the broader organization and contribute to our community strategy’s overall development and involvement in the Fortis portfolio of games.
What you’ll achieve
- Assist in building and maintaining our feedback loops and sentiment reporting that is shared with our game teams along with the company as a whole.
- Help develop and implement community management best practices by identifying key community members, encouraging healthy relationships between the community and Fortis, and help define what community membership looks like for Fortis.
- Assist in creating and managing community campaigns and initiatives to foster player engagement, retention, and growth.
- Collaborate with internal teams, including game developers, marketing, and creative, to ensure community perspective and authenticity.
- Engage with the community by responding to inquiries, feedback, and comments across social media channels, fostering a positive and supportive environment.
- Monitor community discussions and sentiment, providing insights and feedback to improve community engagement strategies.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in community and social media management, and apply them to our strategies and initiatives.
- Collaborate with external partners, such as influencers and content creators, to amplify our community reach and engagement.
- Support channel specialists’ recruitment and onboarding process once the team expands, providing guidance and mentorship.
What you’ll need to be successful
- Holistic understanding of organizational best practices around communication, transparency, and culture, particularly as they apply to community engagement and disciplines.
- A gamer at heart, someone who can assimilate into gaming communities and has a true passion for the games they help create.
- Ability to have successful and productive conversations about game direction, community requests, and business goals, finding a balance between conflicting opinions.
- Desire to come to the table with solutions and proactive feedback in the spirit of collaboration, supporting the player community.
- Keen awareness of the pulse of the Fortis and greater gaming community, with a focus on surfacing trends, industry shifts, and community members representing the company’s values and interests.
- Deep understanding of the relationship between the studio and game communities, recognizing the crucial connections that drive positive relationships.
- Willingness to experiment and craft innovative ways to connect external communities with internal development teams, fostering strong relationships.
- Ability to effectively communicate platform strategies, persuading senior leaders, community leads, and development teams of their value and efficacy.
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and community channels, including Sprout Social, Discord, Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, and YouTube.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, while thriving in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Experience in soft launch and early live phases of games as a service a plus.
Why join us
There are many reasons to join us, but here are a few:
- We strongly believe we are changing how games studios operate and at the core of what we do is making great games that create a connected community
We’re not just about making Games Where You Belong. We’re also about building communities where our people belong. That’s why Fortis is a thriving environment that celebrates diversity, embraces inclusivity, and fosters growth.
Build and grow with a seasoned team of accomplished talent who have left an impactful mark in their disciplines, both in and out of gaming
Fortis is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.