Date PostedJune 7, 2023
Expiration dateJune 30, 2023
I’m Kim, the Head of Assessment at TestGorilla. We’re a fast-growing HR tech startup that helps teams make better, faster and more objective hiring decisions.
Over the past year, we’ve experienced tremendous growth. More than 9,000 companies have replaced CVs with our assessments to screen candidates in an objective and data-driven way.
As we scale our efforts in 2023 and beyond, we’re looking for a Junior Recruiter & Operations Assistant (Assessment) who’s passionate about joining our quest to help people land their dream jobs.
What’s in it for you?
- Helping shape a fast-growing HR tech startup as an early employee
- Fully remote position with bright, motivated, and friendly colleagues around the world
- Salary starting from €26,796 (based on experience and performance) + share appreciation rights (SARs) commiserate with an early employee
- Flexible hours and vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Remote working budget: €1,000 per year
- Learning and development budget: 3.5% of salary annually
The job in a nutshell
This role sits within the Assessment Team (A-Team), a talented group of industrial and organizational psychologists, data and assessment scientists, psychometricians, researchers, academics, writers, and editors. The A-Team delivers leading edge, science-based assessment content, measurement insights and innovation. The Content and Science Squads within the A-Team develop and enhance TestGorilla’s core content, constructs, tests and reporting and continually strengthen the quality and scientific underpinnings of our tools. A-Team Operations enables this important work through project management and governance to simplify and optimize such activities as roadmap and pipeline management, prioritization, resourcing, and knowledge and stakeholder management.
Due to internal promotion, we are looking for an open-minded, tech-savvy professional to assist in the ongoing development of our assessment products. As a Junior Recruiter and Operations Assistant in the Assessment team, you will directly support the development of TestGorilla’s core offering: our assessments and test instruments. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams and interdisciplinary experts around the globe to enhance, innovate, scale and accelerate our assessment and test development.
In this role, you will be responsible for sourcing, screening and contracting with freelance subject-matter experts (SMEs) across all fields and industries, aligned to our roadmap prioritization. In partnership with our own Assessment Development Specialists, these SMEs create and review new content and intellectual property for TestGorilla, including content focused on cognitive ability, personality and culture, situational judgment, role-specific skills and specific job skills.
You will plan and execute outreach campaigns through various virtual channels and pre-qualify SMEs to present a shortlist to the A-Team Content squad. You will also build and maintain a larger network of SMEs who can act as consultants and independent reviewers across a wide range of industries and fields. Together with our Assessment Operations Specialist, you will also assist with day-to-day project management and operational tasks, including formatting and uploading our final test products to our live platform.
Our Assessment Team, and TestGorilla more broadly, is diverse and allows for additional opportunities to shape your contributions according to your interests and skills.
You’ll spend time on the following:
- Leading SME recruitment for the A-Team Content Squad including:
- Sourcing and recruiting SMEs from various fields to collaborate with us on the creation of our test instruments on a freelance basis.
- Planning and executing outreach campaigns across a variety of channels and platforms.
- Developing and building screening materials used as part of the recruiting process (guidance on our requirements and training on our initial qualifying methods will be provided).
- Conducting initial screening to deliver highly qualified SMEs to the content squad.
- Expanding our network of SMEs and building relationships with experts who can act as peer reviewers, references, and advisors.
- Supporting the operational needs of the A-Team overall as needed, for example:
- Formatting and editing text, images, code and tables in line with our style guide for consistency and quality assurance purposes.
- Uploading finalized versions of our new or revised tests to our platform for customer use.
- Supporting vendor and freelancer contract and invoice administration.
- Managing the shared team calendar and team meetings and activities.
- Coordinating requests for A-Team support, primarily via Slack and JIRA.
- Supporting pipeline and roadmap management and reporting.
- Exploring new technologies that could optimize, automate and/or scale our work.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- You are inspired by our mission to place one billion people in dream jobs.
- You are fully aligned with our values.
- You have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong attention to detailand organizational skills to keep work on track and to a high standard.
- You work well with others and can manage your projects asynchronously.
- You are comfortable with and excited by the fast-paced, agile, iterative environment of a fast-growing startup and prefer a degree of ambiguity rather than strict and defined processes.
- You have a flexible, positive, can-do attitude, are a creative problem-solver, can anticipate needs and proactively work to accomplish individual and team goals.
- You are motivated by new challenges, breaking new ground, dealing with complexity, and you are willing to fail or try non-traditional approaches.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team spread across the globe and in different timezones.
- You are comfortable with technology and able to quickly learn a new web-based application.
We typically expect candidates to have some experience in administration, project coordination and/or sourcing, recruiting and building a strong network and pipeline of diverse talent across different channels, ideally focused on contractor and freelancer talent pools.
Bonus points if…
- You have exposure to a SaaS company and appreciate the extremely varied needs of a fast-growing startup.
- You have an interest in digital solutions, HR tech and recruitment trends, psychometric assessments, testing, and hiring, and want to learn more about these topics.
- You have operated within a corporate, product design/development, technology, consulting or professional services environment.
- You are comfortable working with data.
- You have some familiarity or experience with online content creation or management, e.g. a website, web application or blog, etc.
- You have been successful delivering in a remote, asynchronous, multicultural work setting.
At TestGorilla, we envision a world where everyone has their dream job. To achieve this, employers and employees need to have the right information about each other.
We started in 2020 by building a screening platform that enables employers to evaluate candidates in the skills that matter most for success in a role. Our product replaces subjective, incomplete, and often inflated CVs with objective, reliable, and fair test results measuring aptitude, practical job skills, motivation, and culture add.
Improving and expanding this platform is currently our core focus, but it’s only the beginning of our journey to get everyone their dream job. Over time, we will launch more products that support this mission.
We have procured $70m in Series A funding from the venture-capital firms Atomico and Balderton Capital, and our growth is on target to continue exponentially. Chances are you’re familiar with some of our biggest customers, like Sony, PepsiCo, H&M, Deloitte, Bain & Company, Oracle, Revolut, and the UK’s National Health Service.
We work remotely, spread across the Americas, Europe, Asia, and Africa.
We don’t offer rainbow glitter unicorns or dog-friendly offices (we literally don’t have an office), but we do offer real people, solid core values, and a product meant to give everyone a fair, unbiased chance at their dream jobs.
Here at TestGorilla, we eat our own dog food: we use our assessment platform to make sure we make the best hiring decisions faster and bias-free.
So if this role sounds like a good fit for you, I’d like you to apply by taking this assessment. This will take about an hour and will focus on your soft and hard skills required to succeed in this role. It’s also a great opportunity for you to get to know our product!
If you’re hired, I’ll do everything I can to help you succeed at TestGorilla and throughout the rest of your career!
We will start reaching out to candidates starting June 12, 2023.