Date PostedAugust 8, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 5, 2023
Hey there! Thank you for your interest in Mimo! 👋
While we do not currently have any open positions on our product team, we are always on the lookout for exceptional product managers (like yourself!) who are enthusiastic about our product and committed to our mission of making coding accessible to everyone. So, if you check those boxes and want to join us on our journey, we would like to talk with you first when we have a new vacancy.
How we work
- We ask you to be located adjacent to Eastern European Time (UTC ±0, UTC +1, and UTC +2).
- If you’re located outside this time zone range and want to move to the company’s headquarters in Austria, we’ll handle the work permit process and cover travel expenses.
- If you prefer to work outside your home, we offer a physical location in Vienna and co-working stipends in other cities.
- We love working async. You can set your own pace and schedule.
Our global perks and benefits
- We have a remote-first mentality and give everyone a home-office budget.
- 25 days of paid vacation in addition to your local public holidays and paid sick leave.
- We sponsor team retreats and remote-friendly activities like hack weeks, the culture club, and coffee breaks.
- To further develop yourself, use our €1k growth budget for books, online courses, conferences, or anything else that supports your development.
- To give our menstruating team members the time off to cater to their health when needed during their menstrual cycle, we offer up to 2 days of paid menstrual leave per month.
- Spend quality time with the next generation with our global paid birth and parental leave.
- Your salary will automatically increase by 5% every year. No questions asked.
- The chance to build a world-class product, positively impact millions of aspiring developers, and be a virtual owner of the company with equity (phantom stock).
Our 4-step hiring process, in a nutshell
- You’ll first have a video call with a member of the People team for a quick get-to-know chat.
- Then, you’ll be given a take-home challengeto work on. Don’t worry; we know you have many things on your plate, and good things take time. You won’t be given a deadline.
- Next up is the technical interview to show off your skills to the hiring manager. You will use your portfolio or previous case studies to explain your design process and show us what you’re most proud of.
- Lastly, you’ll meet your potential future peersfor a laid-back conversation.
- If everything goes silky smooth, you’ll receive an offer from us shortly after. Fingers crossed!
With the Mimo app, we’ve made it easy and fun for more than 15 million beginners to start coding on the go and build up their confidence to pursue a career in tech. From bite-size coding exercises to full-fledged projects, we’re helping our learners form a coding habit and reach university-level learning outcomes. And with the launch of cohort-based programs, we’re well on our way towards becoming the world’s largest tech school. If you, too, want to help millions of people learn to code and eventually become developers, this is your opportunity to shape the future of tech education.