Date PostedJuly 3, 2023
Expiration dateJuly 31, 2023
Please do not apply for this role if you are not physically located in Europe, Africa or the Middle East (UTC-1 to UTC+3). While this is a remote position, we can not consider candidates that are not based in these regions. You can find a detailed explanation in our Recruitment FAQs.
At Hotjar, we’re creating Product Experience insights software for digital product teams. We help show how users behave and what they feel strongly about, so product teams can deliver real value, fast. Hotjar’s Security Team sits within a global security / trust team at the level of Hotjar’s parent company, Contentsquare, and is responsible for the oversight, guidance and business enablement of security aspects within the Hotjar product, team and customers.
Reporting to Hotjar’s Security Lead, you will help to continually build and improve Hotjar’s security program, ensure we deliver a secure remote working environment and honour customer assurances.
- Contribute to periodic risk management activities such as internal risk assessments and third party security reviews.
- Arrange the schedule of internal and external security scans, penetration testing, code vulnerability testing, etc.
- Continually monitor emerging threats, understanding when a concern becomes a priority, and finding creative ways to mitigate these while achieving business goals.
- Help our customers understand Hotjar’s security standards by assisting and taking point with technical, sales, and support requests.
- Build strong relationships with other teams across Hotjar (and the Contentsquare group) to align on security standards in an agile manner.
- Respond to security incidents if they occur, working to investigate and remediate the impact swiftly.
- Be a security champion. Contribute to educating our team, and promoting continued security awareness.
Work to deliver Hotjar’s security posture in a way that is consistent with our Core Values.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar generalist role working with various security technologies for a SaaS provider.
- A track record of assisting business functions with technical internal and customer-facing requests that are prioritized appropriately.
- A strong understanding of the latest security trends and industry best practices that complement business enablement.
- Experience delivering risk assessments, security policies, processes and procedures, guidance, and training with empathy and understanding for a diverse remote team.
- Familiarity with internal/external security assessments and reviews, such as penetration testing, bug bounty programs, and internal vulnerability scans.
- A willingness to get stuff done in an enthusiastic, proactive, and resourceful manner that scales.
- Be passionate about information security!
- Desire to work in a respectful, transparent, and collaborative work environment, following Hotjar’s company values, culture and ways of working.
- Must submit to a background check confidentially processed by our third-party.
The compensation range for this role is €65,000 to €85,000annually where the offer typically falls in the range of €70,000 to €80,000. This was established after performing market research and is aligned with our approach to compensation. We encourage all candidates to read our Recruitment FAQs to further understand our approach to compensation and how we structure our contracts.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perksvalued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of vacation. These have been chosen to reflect our valuesand ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the annual leave and Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Hotjar pledges to be a harassment-free and discrimination-free company, committed to equal opportunity. We believe people from different backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product, and our company, better.
Our approach to compensation
At Hotjar we do not factor in any differences in compensation based on where you are located. We believe everyone should be compensated based on the market value of their role and the impact the role brings to the company. We also don’t believe in complicated bonus or equity schemes. Instead, our ranges are established after performing market research (London labor market), so that our team members can have a healthy and predictable income.
On average, our offers tend to fall within the first half the range published for the role. The specific compensation amount offered to a successful candidate will be based on the performance during the recruitment process, experience, skills, and knowledge.
Upon joining, the better a team member performs (in terms of execution, impact, and expertise) and the stronger their behavior is aligned with our core values, the higher they tend to move within a range. Team member’s’ compensation is reviewed yearly.
In addition to the monetary compensation, we provide all team members with an assortment of unique and popular perks valued at more than €10,000 a year, plus stock options and 40 days of annual leave. These have been chosen to reflect our values and ideals, be it encouraging constant learning with our Personal Development Budget, a great work/life balance with the Holiday Budget, or a happy, healthy team with our Wellbeing Budget.
Here at Hotjar, we welcome team members of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Working with respect is built into our core values: we are honest, tolerant, and inclusive. We celebrate the uniqueness and strength found in diversity. We all commit to creating a safe working environment and are allies to those less privileged. And we fully believe that living by these values helps us to make our company, and our product, better.