Date PostedJanuary 30, 2024
Expiration dateFebruary 29, 2024
As the Head of People and Culture, you will be the driving force behind our people initiatives, fostering positive experiences and shaping our company culture. Your role will involve aligning our company mission and goals with people organization and activities, championing initiatives that position us as an employer of choice, and ensuring a positive team member experience.
This role is fully remote, and part-time – ideally 20-30 hours per week.
What will you do?
On a day-to-day basis, your responsibilities and activities will include;
- Align company mission and objectives with people organization and activities to ensure business success
- Lead the People and Culture team, supporting in recruitment and operational matters to best drive company objectives and goals
- Champion initiatives, day-to-day processes, and policies that position Power Diary as an “employer of choice”, attracting and retaining the best talent possible
- Drive a positive team member experience, with responsibility for making daily work as smooth as possible
- Collaborate with business leaders on their team structure and activities, supporting growth and change and advising where needed
- Coach and support management with workforce planning and performance management of their teams, including performance
- Collaborate with business leaders on workforce management and change initiatives, to support the organization through change and growth
- Drive a learning culture to encourage team members to value and strive for continuous improvement
- Generate and maintain processes, policies and procedures to support people activities in an agile way
- Stimulate and support a strong and positive workplace culture that bonds team members together and aids with cross-functional collaboration
- Facilitate the smooth-running and improvements of self service and people related systems
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who can appreciate business drivers and translate those to people initiatives. The ideal candidate for this role will be a strong communicator, exhibit high levels of empathy and be passionate about people! Ideally, you will have the following;
– Local HR qualifications, to postgraduate level, or equivalent experience
– Experience in a similar, fast-paced role
– Experience managing a team, or leading junior colleagues
– Ability to understand business drivers and how people practices can support these
– Strong interpersonal skills
– Ability to coach, leading without authority
Why you’ll LOVE working at Power diary…
When you join Power Diary, you’ll benefit from perks like;
✅ Work from Anywhere
There are no offices at Power Diary as we’ve been a distributed team long before everyone else caught on. We look for the best people around the world – not just those who live within a 1 hour commute. If you like working from home, or really from anywhere, you’ll find a bunch of like-minded people here.
✅ Paid Time Off
There’s no sense in working all the time – we believe everyone needs balance and we want you to have enough time to do other things that enrich your life. We offer all of our permanent team members 30 days of paid time off and we expect you to take it.
Need to get the kids to school or want to do a gym class in the middle of the day? No problem. We need you to be available for some agreed core hours to work with your colleagues and cover our service requirements, but other than that your time is yours.
✅ Competitive Pay
We aim to work with the best people – wherever and whoever they are. We know this comes at a business cost, but we consider this an investment in the company’s future. We offer competitive pay and we want all team members to feel well-rewarded for their contribution.
✅ Results Driven
At Power Diary, we detest bureaucracy and we strive to keep the focus on building and supporting great software that will help our customers (and in turn, help more of their clients). There are no pointless meetings, forms, or other impediments in your way. As we grow, we aim to stay agile – in every way.
✅ Learning & Growth
We’re big supporters of personal growth and development and our team is constantly learning and upskilling themselves in many different areas. Innovation is a big part of our culture and we welcome new ideas from everyone.
✅ Inspiring Team
We truly love our team at Power Diary and we hope you will too. We’re a bunch of unique individuals from all kinds of backgrounds with a vast array of specialist skills and interests. Although we work remotely, the team works closely together and we also make time to know and support each other.
✅ Meaningful Work
We’re constantly getting feedback from customers that are relieved to have found Power Diary. In many cases, they refer to us as a ‘life saver’ or a ‘game changer’, and it feels great to be part of something that helps people get the healthcare support they need. See our customer feedback here.
About Power Diary
Power Diary is a leading healthcare practice management system used in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, the United States and Canada.
Our mission is simple: To provide health practitioners with the ultimate Practice Management Software that makes running a health practice easier and more rewarding.
Power Diary’s customer base is growing and we need smart, passionate people to join our team and help take us to the next level. We’re looking for people who are genuinely excited to help health practitioners do their work, and be part of a globally distributed team
As a healthcare company, we care about our workforce just as much as our clients and their patients. You will enter a fun, inclusive workplace with a dedicated and driven team.
We are still a relatively small business, but self-funded and growing strongly. This is an exciting time to be at Power Diary – we have some great plans for the future and many challenging things to work on. We hope you’ll consider joining our team and being part of our story!
See more information about Careers at Power Diary here.