Date PostedAugust 10, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 5, 2023
At The/Studio, our vision is to empower individuals, regardless of their expertise, to unleash their creativity and bring their unique ideas to life through the production of custom products. We are committed to delivering top-quality customized products that not only exceed expectations but also provide a seamless and awe-inspiring experience via our exceptional team and AI-integrated systems. By shouldering the manufacturing burdens, we liberate our customers to focus on their true passions, driving them towards remarkable success and fulfillment. Together, we turn dreams into tangible realities and shape a world where creativity knows no bounds.
Our headquarters are in Los Angeles, California, but we are a truly global company with team-members across the U.S., Europe, South America, Africa, and Asia/Pacific. We have gone to a fully remote working platform so that we can attract the world’s best talent.
All roles at The/Studio are 100% remote from anywhere in the world, as long as you have all your tools, and a fast, stable internet connection!
We are looking for an innovative and hands-on Head of Engineering and Technology who will direct our engineering efforts, whose technical expertise extends to both backend and frontend languages, in order to effortlessly translate business requirements into robust features. This will be an integral part of our executive team, and will guide a team of global engineers in their efforts to produce technology that moves the needle for the company. This role will be working primarily to develop and improve The/Studio’s order management system, customized ordering tool, front end website, etc.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has a track record of building robust products from the ground up, driving clarity, transparency, and speed of execution across large and complex projects, is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, and someone who is passionate about The/Studio’s mission, possesses a relentless curiosity and excels at converting ideas into action.
Key Parts of Your Role:
- Leadership. You’ll be responsible for setting a high performance culture, mentoring and expanding the Engineering team.
- Delivery. Responsible for working with key stakeholders across the company, setting goals and KPIs, overseeing the highest level of project management with a focus on quality and consistent delivery milestones.
- Process. Implementing and optimizing engineering processes with a focus on scalable development and deliveries processes.
- Operations. Overseeing our main development equipment, tools, and infrastructure you’ll be the primary point of contact for compliance & security related to & from technology.
- Recruiting & team building: attract, recruit, evaluate, and retain high quality engineers
What You’ll Do:
- Drive a positive culture built on integrity, embracing challenges, empowerment and inclusivity
- Manage and mentor a geographically dispersed team to set and execute on key deliverables
- Closely collaborate with the CEO and leadership team to define, guide, and develop the strategy and future roadmap of all products and services
- Own AI development and integration within the organization’s overall vision
- Collaborate with other department leaders to prioritize software development needs including design, development, documenting, and testing new and existing software
- Analyze and resolve software development issues and needs in terms of the software’s full life cycle
- Work with senior leadership on organizational goals and strategic plans
- Work with VP of Product on executing our product roadmap
- Deliver multiple end to end projects from development to production
- Strategically scale the engineering team, including involvement with hiring, performance evaluations, and day-to-day coaching and training
- Served as tech lead in a hyper growth environment, leading high-performance product engineering teams.
- 7+ years of active architecture, software design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex and fast-moving startup or mid-scale company environment.
- Experience in e-commerce is a plus
- Hands-on experience on the tech stack mentioned above
- Ability to design a full technical architecture of a platform with large amount of integrations
- Built systems in accordance with security and compliance requirements
- Experience with cloud infrastructure
- Deep understanding of latest technologies, from web, mobile and AI
- Naturally inquisitive and intellectually curious
- Experience working with distributed remote teams
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity, and highly analytical
- Has a startup mentality and is willing to test new ideas
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
About our technology:
The main tech stack is PHP 7.2+, Symfony 2.8-3+, MySQL, ElasticSearch, Twig, HTML, SASS
Secondary tech stack (required for maintenance and light development of existing systems):
• AngularJS 2+
• Symfony 2.8
Possible new tech stack for new systems:
• Web components
Cloud infrastructure: We’re using mostly Amazon services for all of our software infrastructure:
• EC2 servers
• RDS DBs
• Amazon Redshift
💡 The/Studio’s Company Values
👏 Intellectually curious – possesses a natural disposition and comfort to ask questions, challenge the status quo, and a desire to ‘get to the bottom of things’ if they see something not quite right
👏 Self-motivated with a meaningful reason to deliver excellence
👏 Good communication skills that enhance collaboration, minimize misunderstandings, and at a frequency that is appropriate for a remote team
👏 Radical candor – Coachable, accepting of constructive negative feedback and willing to provide constructive negative feedback where applicable
👏 Operates with a level of urgency – values immediate action where prudent, enables quick decision-making, swift problem-solving, and seizing opportunities in a dynamic business environment
👏 Natural customer centricity – has an affinity to always start their train of thought or analysis with the customer’s perspective, bias towards talking to the customer to understand them
👏 Results-driven – focuses on achieving and exceeding measurable objectives
🔎 Our Typical Hiring Process
✔️ Submit an application. IMPORTANT: Please submit your resume/CV in English
✔️ Initial Chat with Global Recruiter
✔️ Hiring Manager Interview
✔️ Assessment/Case Study – if applicable
✔️ Final Interview
Note that every role is different, so the process may vary depending on the requirements of the role. Regardless of the result, we always inform candidates via email.
At The/Studio, we know that our Company’s strength lies in the diversity of our team. The/Studio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Our policy is to provide equal opportunities for all applicants and individuals regardless of protected characteristics. We prioritize and maintain a fair, inclusive and equitable workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.