Date PostedAugust 7, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 4, 2023
We are an established SaaS company passionate about enabling a “work from anywhere” world. We walk the talk and are leaders in asynchronous work. We offer unique benefits including paid sabbatical, freedom to work out of the 9-5, work from anywhere, and most importantly the opportunity to be a leader in transitioning the world to remote work. This is a full-time, 100% remote position that will allow you to work from anywhere.
About the Role
We are on a journey from 18 to 100 million in revenue and looking for a Director of Engineering to focus on a combination of technical excellence and delivery. This role is a newly created position and a critical next step in our growth. Time Doctor is a 150+ people SaaS company and 100% Remote, with Team Members in over 35 countries with exceptionally high staff and customer satisfaction.
We are passionate about remote work and what it can do for the world. We even have a conference and a book about Remote Work (Running Remote). Our brand is well-established, and the company is profitable and growing.
You will lead our Features, Platform and Apps teams and continually improve their engineering practices so that they become the best in our industry and ensure that we fulfill our passion of accelerating the world’s transition to remote work. We have an awesome team of 25 engineers, a modern tech stack (although not everything is perfect), the desire to grow our 200k+ user base who use our product daily, a revolutionary product backlog and a tech roadmap to help us serve 5x our current user numbers. The role is diverse and exciting, and we need an experienced engineering leader to grow with us and support our goal of 1 million paid users by 2027.
Reporting to the VP of Engineering, your responsibilities will be:
- Lead four Engineering Managers and their teams covering (deployed) applications, product features, product platforms, and customer happiness domains
- Provide guidance and coaching to team members on technical contributions, product architecture and general Software Engineering best practices
- Help your Engineers grow their skills and experience
- Actively seek and hire distributed talent globally as the company grows
- Positively manage the team, including but not limited to regular 1:1’s, clear feedback on performance and contributing to a general sense of psychological safety in your team
- Draft quarterly Rocks (OKR’s) and Engineering KPI’s for your team
- Lead your team through a combination of experience, empathy and metrics
- Maintain empathy for your team by keeping aware of engineering processes and practices – for example, refining a CI/CD pipeline, conducting code reviews, or working on non-critical bugs/features
- Evolve the technical decision capability of the engineering leads, but make decisions when necessary
- Continually improve product quality, security and performance
- Drive and Implement process improvements; standardize the process where needed; allow local differences where advantageous and generally drive high throughput and quality
- Work with Product, Sales, Customer Success, Growth and Marketing to guide and maintain a holistic vision of TD2 Technology at Time Doctor
- Work with the engineering leadership team to solve problems and provide input and guidance as Time Doctor grows.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience leading a high-performing, multi-disciplined team of more than 12 engineers to success
- In-depth technical experience in at least one of the core areas of your team (Node, Mongo, Angular, C++, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience scaling a SaaS product business, growing and maintaining platforms under significant load
- Experience in reducing technical debt whilst taking forward an innovative feature set
- Computer Science education of equivalent experience.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our vision is to be the most trusted time-tracking and productivity application for remote teams. We help companies and employees do their best work. We are looking for people passionate about spreading the practice of remote work with all of the benefits that come with it. We believe that office life is antiquated, that geography should not limit your career prospects, and that people should be able to work from wherever they want.
We’re a diverse global team of over 130 people working 100% remotely in over 30 different countries. We’re looking for innovative team members ready to help us modernize remote work. Learn more about us here – https://www.linkedin.com/company/time-doctor/