Date PostedSeptember 13, 2023
Offered Salary$120000 - $200000 / year
Expiration dateOctober 4, 2023
We are looking for Haskell engineers who are interested in further developing both the Pact language itself – including applications beyond blockchain – as well as the settlement layer, Chainweb. Candidates may choose to focus on either other of these or explore the points of intersection. We are looking for well-rounded candidates, but also those who have specialty areas of interest. Therefore, if any of these categories describes you, there is very likely a specialized role we have available.
- If you have a strong networking background, we’re interested in candidates who have production experience building widely distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- If you have a programming language background, we need people with experience developing editor tooling for evaluated languages, static analysis, type-checkers, debugging capabilities, and more.
- If you have a distributed system background, we’re interested in improving our P2P network layer, how transactions are gossiped through the network, proving properties of our expander graph solution to sharding, and refining the tools by which we monitor and assess overall network health.
- If you have a background working in blockchain and have knowledge of the various macroeconomic incentive structures that inform decision-making in this space, we are interested in expertise at costing the block-making algorithm, making tokenomics decisions, and working with systems that extend the capabilities of L1 by involving proof-connected L2 systems.
Please note that this job posting is evergreen, and applications will be reviewed only as positions become available. We appreciate your interest in Kadena and will reach out to applicants only when openings arise.
How You’ll Make an Impact
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of business-critical software.
- For Chainweb: improve the stability and performance of our blockchain and its networking layers
- For Chainweb: Capture and analyze system logs and performance metrics from production environments to diagnose and solve issues.
- For Pact: Implement language features and tooling. Working on Pact may cover many areas, including but limited to:
- Formal Verification
- Database Integration
- Gas Accounting
What Sets You Apart
We don’t believe in hard and fast hiring criteria because great candidates can come from all backgrounds, but here are some attributes that we frequently find useful for the kinds of engineering problems that we work on:
- Self-starters who prioritize delivering working software solutions to real-world problems and are comfortable with aggressively prioritizing and cutting out distractions to achieve the biggest impact amidst competing concerns.
- Several years of commercial software experience with Haskell or other functional languages is a significant plus.
- Strong working knowledge of distributed systems and networking is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing production DSLs.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other teams responsible for client interactions, DevOps & monitoring, etc.
Kadena is a remote-first company, with the ability to work throughout the world. We ask that your working hours include 10:00am – 13:00 EST (14:00 – 17:00 UTC) to ensure there is alignment across different timezones.
Kadena requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Kadena considers requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons pursuant to applicable law.
What We Offer
This role has an annual starting salary range of $120,000 – $200,000 + benefits listed below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Flexible savings accounts
- Company coin options
- Unlimited PTO (and a culture of taking time off) + Holidays
- Company wide closure between Christmas and New Years
- Remote company with annual in-person offsite
- Home office setup stipend
Who We Are
Kadena is the industry’s only scalable layer 1 Proof of Work (PoW) blockchain. The principal feature that drives Kadena is scalability, which enables Kadena to deliver infrastructure-grade performance for any blockchain project. Along with our own smart contract language Pact, Kadena’s platform provides the world the tools and environment to turn ideas and ambitions into reality. Founded by Stuart Popejoy and William Martino who created JP Morgan’s first blockchain and led the SEC’s Crypto Committee, Kadena aims to allow for true blockchain mass adoption.
At Kadena, we value diversity, curiosity, a work/life balance, kindness, and teamwork.
Our Commitment to You
At Kadena we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.