Date PostedAugust 15, 2023
Expiration dateSeptember 12, 2023
Carry1st is Africa’s leading publisher of mobile games and digital content. Operating at the intersection of games and fintech, we scale awesome content in frontier markets by solving hard problems. We develop, licence, and publish games and monetize them effectively with our proprietary platform. We are backed by blue-chip investors like: Andreessen Horowitz, Google, Riot Games, Bitkraft, and Nas.
As a Growth Associate you will contribute to the commercial success of Pay1st; Carry1st’s proprietary payments platform that aggregates 120+ African payment methods for game developers to better monetize and distribute digital products.Growing Pay1st involves business development (pitching Pay1st as a product to top game developers and publishers) and marketing to promote products of Pay1st partners. This is an exciting role for someone passionate about gaming, which will provide the opportunity to work with some of the top global studios.
- Determine and execute go-to-market strategies for Pay1st-affiliated products
- Participate in the planning and execution of online and offline events and campaigns
- Coordinate across functions – creative, product, community, marketing – to carry out such activities
- Assist the Sr. Growth Manager in identifying top prospects for Pay1st clients and aid the business development process, from deck creation to external communications
- Have fun and work on exciting projects!
What makes you a great candidate?
- +2 years work experience post college/university
- Passion for gaming with ability to speak the lexicon of gamers is a must
- Self-driven and accountable with a high degree of ownership
- Ability to manage competing priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to adapt to work in a fast-paced environment
- Marketing experience preferred, but not required
What will it be like to work at Carry1st?
Carry1st is a fast-growing, dynamic place to work. And while we are laser focused on building the flagship mobile internet company in Africa, our team is fully remote and 100% global – with people in 25+ countries! At Carry1st, you will…
- Build awesome, industry-changing products, every day
- Grow with a VC-backed startup at the intersection of gaming, fintech, and web3
- Work from anywhere in the world with international teammates
- Own shares in the Company – enabling you to benefit from the value you create
Some additional perks…
- Co-working excursions: Travel to meet your colleagues in cities around the world
- Awesome equipment: Get everything you need to work effectively
- Remote working allowance: Put an additional $600 / year to optimise your WFH experience
- Learning and development: Attend courses, conferences and training events
- Social events: Participate in regular company events to relax and connect with teammates
- Birthday leave: Enjoy a paid day off on your special day
We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. Join us!
Learn more about Carry1st…
- shared why they invested in Carry1st
- announced that Carry1st has raised $27 million to develop and publish mobile games in Africa
- hosted Cordel on a podcast to discuss Carry1st and the African gaming market